breakfasts!!!

Options
xojox
xojox Posts: 187 Member
I would love some quick and easy ideas/recipes for breakfast!!

I always seem to end up eating the same things, with 3 kids to get ready in the morning i don't have a lot of time........or energy lol.

However it is one meal i try to never miss.

Any ideas would be very gratefully recieved :flowerforyou:

x jo x

Replies

• krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Vanilla greek yogurt with museli... yum! or ezekiel bread with almond butter... both are my staples.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    my bf:
    better oats oatmeal
    2 eggs (eggwhites only)
    oj or trop50 blueberry juice
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Just submitted recipe for approval:
    Fitzie's one egg western cheese omelet

Please give the approval a few days after today's submission.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with fruit. Pineapple is #1. Yogurt with fruit. Quaker oatmeal with brown sugar.
  • daisys316
    daisys316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper on an english muffin. Yumm!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I eat a rice cake with 1 Tbsp of natural Jif peanut butter. It's quick and delicious. I also sometimes pair it with a protein shake.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon egg sandwich on multi grain muffin or ora wheat rounds. :)
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Vanilla greek yogurt with museli... yum! or ezekiel bread with almond butter... both are my staples.

I was thinking about trying the Greek yogurt. I get tired of the regular stuff for some reason.

My breakfasts are usually a granola bar, piece of fruit and a cup of 2% milk. Quick and easy while getting the kids going or on the way to drop the 4 yr old off at preschool. I've never been a big breakfast eater and this seems to do the job. I like the high fiber bars.
  • larousse_37
    Options
    Scrambled eggs (Three eggs, but take the yolks out of two) with chives (YUUUM) on a piece of toast

Untoasted muesli and low fat greek yoghurt

ham and cheese (and any veges you'd like to throw in) egg white omelette
  • tillybabes
    Options
    I have 3 children to get ready in the mornings too i find porridge oats or weetabix are easy and filling and you can put fruit with either, with weetabix you can always put things like greek yoghurt and honey with a sprinkle of almonds and/or blueberrys, it goes down really well, unfortunately i dont really have time really cook something for breakfast unless its the weekend
  • bleigh1964
    bleigh1964 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Idea 1
    Vita muffin (they are in the frozen food section, there are a variety) 100 calories 4 gram protein - good with fiber - filling
    50% OJ

Idea 2
    Eggo (whole grain) taste normal 2 waffles 170 calories w/Aunt Jimima lite butter (I normally cook and dip it in the syrup, I use less)
    1/2 bananna or 50% OJ

Idea 3
    1/2 egg with 1/2 slice of ww slice cheese on 100 calororie muffin or thin bagel

Idea 4
    Fiber one bar (so some other kind) quick and easy

Idea 5
    Fruit smoothie (fiberone yogurt with ice, strawberry, bananna, whatever) - more prep time I normally use to 50% OJ or some V8 fusion mix

Idea 6
    5 grain toast
    fruit or juice

These have worked for me - I mix them up so I don't get bored.
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with some fruit on top, protein smoothie, greek yogurt with some fruit or a little bit of honey, bagel thin with poached egg...some ideas...
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I personally like protein pancakes for breakfast... Pretty simple.

3/4c of egg whites
    28 grams of oatmeal (i have substituted this with rogers porridge oats)
    1/8 cup of water
    1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, cinnamon and splenda to taste (rarely add the splenda)
    Let sit for about 5 min and then fry in frying pan like a pancake
    cut into wedges and enjoy...

It's pretty good.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    my favorite breakfast sandwich, it takes about 5 minutes...but less time than you expect. Plus it is really filling.

toasted multi-grain sandwich thin
    spread one triangle of laughing cow cheese
    cook 1/4 c egg substitute in microwave (spray a large mug and pour in, cook 30sec, stir, cook another 30sec)
    2 piece turkey bacon
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    A smoothie made with almond milk, non-fat Greek yogurt, organic juice, protein powder & frozen fruit. (different combos)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast (and I mean FAVORITE, I have it literally every single day) is oatmeal. I live in a college dorm so I make it in the microwave, but I use half quick oats, half old-fashioned to get a better texture. Only takes 2 and a half minutes to cook. I add in chia seeds, dried fruit, and cinnamon, and put chopped nuts, peanut butter, and agave syrup on top, but you could also mix in protein powder (after microwaving), any kind of fresh fruit, pumpkin, etc. I LOVE oatmeal. It is the best. A Greek yogurt parfait sounds pretty good to me too, as some others have suggested, but I wouldn't be in the mood for something chilly this time of year.
  • healtymama
    Options
    Being that breakfast is my biggest and most important meal, I try to make it a good one. The one thing I learned from a nutritionist I see is that people tend to over do the carbs intake for breakfast and lack in the protein. This causes our body's glucose levels to rise and fall rapidly, making us hungry much quicker than what we should. So I always include a protein, such as, eggs, canadian bacon, soy products, and low fat 2x protein Greek yogurt. As for my carbs, that can include organic rolled oats/Red Miller 5 grain rolled oats, whole wheat English Muffins, 1 corn tortilla, fat free milk, fruits or juice. My free foods tend to be veggies like spinach or zucchini which I saute or grill.
  • Bighank7752
    Options
    Breakfast sandwich

Thins
    1/2 C Eggbeaters
    one slice of cheese
    Jenny O Turkey sausage patty
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    What? No one mentioned an english muffin with peanut butter yet? If you're feeling super spanky, add a drizzle of honey. :)
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I do well with whole grain toast (not whole wheat). Either a whole grain bagel or whole grain bread with a spread -- peanut butter, whipped butter (small amount), Smart Balance with flax seed oil -- that sort of thing. That and a piece of fruit is a great way to start the day. You can add a couple of wedges of Laughing Cow light cheese (only 35 calories per wedge). Delicious, easy and filling!