Replies

• Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I was 20...he was my first true love and it so sweet and genuine. *sigh*
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    After the first date on the phone.... the guy called me after the date to tell me he loved me then asked me for a second date....which I acutally went on. Why? Who knows...but there were no more dates after that lol
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Always takes me months. Kind of like a "break in case of emergency" phrase :)
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So talking about saying I love you, do you tell your friends that? I do & my daughter did one time & her friend thought it was so weird. LOL Yes it kinda is but don't you love your friends? Shouldn't you let them know?

Actions speak louder than words to me.

That is so true, but don't you also like hearing it?

I tell my really close friends that I love them....always when we get oft the phone or what not.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    What was your earliest 'I love you" in a relationship? Either yours or the other person.

Mine was some girl I talked to three days in. She was cray cray. Moral of that story is you cannot save everyone.

I am cray cray.....That is why I am so loved :blushing:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    hmmm i was 19 was with that guy for 4 years.once we finished university we realized we just were different people than when we started. no hard feelings i wish him well.

the 2nd guy - different story LOL

sounds like second guy story is interesting.
  • clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I honestly cannot remember but I do remember when I was a teenager that the "thing" going around is that you cannot tell someone you "love" them unless you have been together for 2 weeks and if you were together for longer than 6 weeks and it wasn't said than you should get out of the "relationship" HAHAHAHAHAHA thinking about it now is crazy but you know how teens can be.....

I cannot remember the first time my husband told me (sad I know) but I think that is because I remember the story of the first time he told someone else that he loved me (well sort of). After our first offical date (we had been talking on the phone for a while but both of us had children from previous marragies and did not want to jump into anything), he called his dad and told him that he thought he found the woman he could fall in love with....awww..sooo sweet :heart: :love:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Fastest was probably the dude that told me he loved me before I even went out with him. That was his argument for why I should go out with him.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I married my first love 8 years after I met him :love:

My first "I love you" was to him, about a month after we started dating (we had been best friends for over a year by then), but he said it first!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Oh hell, I don't know. When do you start counting?

My baby daddy (aka ex-fiance), I had known for 5+ years. One day he flirted, I reciprocated, we became a couple and within the month I love yous were exchanged.

My husband and I had also been friends for 5+ years and one day there was a comment about a collar... within weeks he said he loved me and now we are happily married, and raising my daughter together.

I am clearly online too much...
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

My baby daddy (aka ex-fiance), I had known for 5+ years. One day he flirted, I reciprocated, we became a couple and within the month I love yous were exchanged.

My husband and I had also been friends for 5+ years and one day there was a comment about a collar... within weeks he said he loved me and now we are happily married, and raising my daughter together.

Tell us more about this collar :wink:
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    SO one time in high school I had just gotten dumped by this guy for his ex and was all heartbroken and whatnot.

Two days later his best friend, who I had interacted with a bit, asked me out and I said no. Obviously.

Three days (I could be wrong slightly with the timeline, it was a long time ago) after that he called me at my HOUSE (I have still to this day NEVER given a friend my house number, only my cell, and my family isn't listed so I still dunno how he got the number) to talk to me. He was crying because he was watching beauty and th ebeast or something and he said it reminded him of me and he loved me and had to hide it all this time but now could admit it. It was crazy. Of course, being an idiot 17 year old who didn't know how to let people down, I still went out with him after that. Disaster.

On my end...I'm not sure. I bet I've had some times where I said it crazy fast. I'm a leap before I look kinda girl.
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options

Yes do tell :smile:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Ha! I played WoW for years. :P The cats in Darkshore drop a leather collar. I was like, "It's friggen BS that I can't equip it..." He was like, "Oh really?" Few weeks later I flew to Texas and was his date for a wedding, few months later he moved to Cali, few years later we got married. Don't have a collar to date, but I am picky and have only found one that I like and could pass off at work... unfortunately they are expensive, custom made and I have metal allergies.... thus making them even more expensive...
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    You have a good memory. Or easily pleased.

Who does?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Some guy, who I wasn't dating, said he loved me after a week of knowing each other. He told me that I was an angel on Earth, and he would never see anyone as beautiful as me again.

I noped out of there so fast, time stood still. For about a month after, he'd write love poems/leave small gifts by my car or locker. Then I went to my counselor, and she put an end to it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    So it sounds like I did the right think since some people believe that "I love you" too quick is a serious red flag.
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    So it sounds like I did the right think since some people believe that "I love you" too quick is a serious red flag.

I think I said it to some other poster the other day about 30 seconds after reading something they wrote. Does that count? 30 seconds?

I tell random people I love them not infrequently. Depends on how it's said and whatnot.

But yes, too quick can be a huge red flag. Unless they said it accidentally when getting off the phone because they had just recently been speaking to a lot of family members and they got off the previous 5 phone calls by saying it and then accidentally said it to you. Again, context.