Ex ironman turned jelly man

Options
Hi all

New to this, as a 30 something father of one and a half have found that in the last 18 months or so I've gone from semi super fit to slightly soft around the edges, and a bit of a shuffler.... There is of course an excuse.... And this is mine...

In September 2013 after months of training I completed Ironman Wales a 3.8km (2.4 mile) swim a 180k (113mile) cycle and a 42.2km (26.2mile) marathon in a little over 13hrs. This included 000s of feet of climbing and weather only Pembrokeshire can throw at you. A scant month later (and mostly because I'm an idiot) I had damaged myself hurting a shoulder and an ankle & more or less ruling out any form of exercise for about 6 months.

Unfortunately nobody told my appetite and I continued to eat fairly healthily for a family of four on my own. Volume of food (and bread) is my downfall. I only drink very occasionally so I can't even blame the booze!

Anyway here we are a month or so into my comeback, some weight has already come off and I'm running & doing some very limited weights... Hopefully MFP will be the icing on the. Cake..... Mmmmm cake

Anyway that's me,

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Now I want cake.

welcome!
  • MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was fit and training MMA on a daily basis and in the best shape of my life. I had my first MMA fight in April 2013. I went into the fight with a hurt knee and it prevented me from training after my fight. Then July 2013 I broke my hand further delaying my training and general workouts. I slowly got used to just enjoying life without fitness. I was eating out more drinking more and just enjoying life to the fullest. Fast forward to now and I gained 15 lbs and lost my motivation and endurance. I've tried to get back at it over the last 6 months or so but I've finally reached my breaking point. I want to be the fit person I was in April of last year so I'm back to the grind. First thing I did was sign up for a 5k and a mud run. Small goals to get myself back into the swing of things. Now I'm working on my eating and personal accountability. Good Luck to you!