breaking through plateaus

Options
ah yes the age old question, how to break through a weight loss plateau.

now I tried looking for other related threads, and couldn't find anything, and did a little research online, but it didn't make any sense, so I'm asking you guys!

Also please tell me how fast your methods work, because I don't want to be stuck here for weeks cause I will probably lose my motivation. The first 10 pounds came off easily, and were great motivation, but now being stuck here is really hard.

thanks!

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    There is a VERY simple answer to this. If it's been a short term stall (less then 3 weeks) simply be patient. If you are stalling for longer, you are eating too much. That's it...
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    There is a VERY simple answer to this. If it's been a short term stall (less then 3 weeks) simply be patient. If you are stalling for longer, you are eating too much. That's it...

This pretty much sums it up!!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    what they said. keep up with the exercise. Check you are logging and recording your food accurately.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost weight? A plateau is considered four to six weeks without a change in weight. If it hasn't been that long, be patient; if it has, it's time to look into your logging, as you're probably underestimating your intake and/or overestimating your calories burned.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

This. I have found that about every 10 pounds you have to reevaluate and tweak. The more you lose the less wiggle room you have, so your calorie counting has to be on point.
  • lexie62208
    lexie62208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    alright thanks for all your help guys! I'm not very patient when it comes to weight loss, but that's just something I will have to work on!
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Or even more than 3 weeks. I don't think that's a magic number. My first 10 pounds came off in a few weeks, followed by a month-long plateau, followed by more, but slower, losses. I log very scrupulously, and I know I did nothing different. That's just how the body sometimes responds.

Based on my experience, anyone who sees steady, regular results on the scale is a freak of nature. :smile: I see regularity in my results only over long periods of time, like several months.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Vis pretty much said it all. Hang tight and be patient.