Lost 53 pounds in 250 days (before and after picture)

Options
Using a Fitbit One along with myfitnesspal.com, the tried and true exercise and calorie counting worked for me. Starting on Jan 17th 2014 my goal was to lose 50 pounds before my 50th birthday on October 10th, I beat the goal by 1 month and am on target to lose a couple more pounds before my 50th! I plan on stopping at 60 pounds and maintaining.

Thanks myfitnesspal and Fitbit!

Left: 230(ish) pounds - Right: 176.7 pounds

Untitled2bw_zpse27c911f.png

10 years ago 2004 - 230-240 pounds (I wasn't keeping track of my weight then)

2004-230ish_zps9566146d.jpg

July 18th 2014 - @ 185 pounds

176_zps279200eb.jpg

Replies

• Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring me as to what I might accomplish after 250 days! Great job! Fitbit, eh? When I wear mine, it always deducts from my exercise. My fitbit thinks I'm lazy...LOL!
  • terihaneykinney
    Options
    Usually when chunky people lose weight they look older. Not you! You look much younger!! Congrats and happy early birthday! I turn 50 in November!:glasses:
  • danilee1020
    danilee1020 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did you get bigger glasses? Great Job!
  • youdiejoe
    youdiejoe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Usually when chunky people lose weight they look older. Not you! You look much younger!! Congrats and happy early birthday! I turn 50 in November!:glasses:

Ha! Thanks, I feel younger too!
  • youdiejoe
    Options
    Did you get bigger glasses? Great Job!

The glasses are the same, they are the constant in this photo, it's me that got smaller! Thanks!
  • linauranm
    linauranm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your 50? You look FANTASTIC! Your my hero.
  • pattigorman
    pattigorman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A huge CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! Thx for sharing!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That I call a perfect gift you can give yourself for your 50th birthday. Congratulation on loosing the weight. Happy Birthday.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful, meaningful birthday present!! Happy early 50!!:drinker:
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • determinedladybug
    Options
    Nice work. Very inspiring!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You look like Buddy Holly............great job, keep up the good work
  • shermak1
    shermak1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very motivating! :drinker:
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Terrific! Great job!
  • ded82570
    ded82570 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    very nice job!! you look great
  • 15ruth99
    Options
    So inspiring! Great job! My weight is coming off so S-L-O-W. I printed off my Food Diary and took it into my doctor last week and he seemed to like what I have been doing. He told me "This isn't a diet. This is the way you should eat the rest of your life." I agree. I feel lighter and healthier. But......it is taking all the will power I have not to grab 5 of my husband's chocolate cookies (sitting in a container on top of the fridge) and gobbling them up and washing them down with a tall glass of cold milk! I still have 60 pounds to lose and it seems like it will take forever to get it off. It has only been 56 days. Your posting of "250 days" was very encouraging to me. Thank you.
  • youdiejoe
    Options
    So inspiring! Great job! My weight is coming off so S-L-O-W. I printed off my Food Diary and took it into my doctor last week and he seemed to like what I have been doing. He told me "This isn't a diet. This is the way you should eat the rest of your life."

Thanks! That is great advice from your doctor, It's about long term, lifelong goals for fitness and health!
  • EbnyIvry
    EbnyIvry Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    23 pounds in 56 days is fantastic. We are the same age and it has taken me six months to lose 25 pounds.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I just love that bottom pic. :^D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!