Helping KT Tape stick

Does anyone have any cool tips for helping KT Tape stick on longer? I already spray hairspray and let it dry before applying the tape, and rub the tape down so it gets warm and sticks.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    Make sure you skin is clean and dry more than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Go to google and type in: Mueller Tuffner Pre-Tape Spray I use it all the time ahead of taping my knees and it help out alot... It is pretty sticky so alittle goes along way... lol Best of Luck
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    I used this tape during my PT after all my surgeries and these were the tips I got.

1. Clean your skin with alchol before putting it on so there is no oil, soap residue or mosturizer left behind
    2. When you put on the tape rub the ever-living crap out of it in ONE DIRECTION... Since it was on my leg I did up and down only
    3. If it starts to roll or come up during the week... hit it with your hair dryer set to low and re-rub the tape onto the leg

When I followed these steps my tape stuck for a good week between changes!! O, and don't use the "sensitive skin" one... it falls off in a just a couple days no matter what you do!! If you are very active try the "Rock" tape instead which has some crazy staying power!
  • skapo72
    skapo72 Posts: 6 Member
    Just ordered some of the pre-tape spray, the reviews on it were great. All the tips were awesome. Thanks, guys!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Make sure you skin is clean and dry more than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

AND REMOVE ANY HAIR.

Trust me, I know this. </wookiee>