alcohol!! problem!!

Options
Okay am obviously not an alcoholic!! But I seriously have become a cheep date!! 3 large pinots and I feel very drunk!! What the hell is wrong with me!! Obviously used to be able to drink far more than I can now!! Do I need more practice maybe?!!

Replies

• _imperfextionisbeauty_
    Options
    3 large Pinots could equate to a whole bottle depending on the pourer ...That's not necessarily a tiny amount at 13-14% alcohol.
    ????????
    Hydration, food consumption amount and type could also play a part?
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the problem is?
    Isn't a GOOD thing that you're getting buzzed off of less alcohol? Although 3 "large" pinots sounds like a lot to me.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Hmm...a dumb non-question posted to a forum devoted to maintaining weight, yet has nothing at all to do with maintaining weight.

Welcome to my Ignore list, OP.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You've lost weight recently?
    Yeah, that'll do it!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    how quickly you become "drunk" depends on medical conditions and body size. The smaller you are the less you need.
    I agree with others that 3 large glasses still sounds like an entire bottle, that doesn't seem healthy to me.
  • mullycathNZ
    mullycathNZ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the problem is?
    Isn't a GOOD thing that you're getting buzzed off of less alcohol?

^^ this ^^
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat all day you will feel it quicker, so if you're eating less than you used to that could do it. Having lost a large amount of weight could have done it. heck, even drinking after exercise could do it.

Trust me, count it a blessing!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    <Okay am obviously not an alcoholic!! >

I'm not inferring anything but all drinking alcoholics say this lol
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    3 large pinots and I'd be absolutely *kitten*-faced :drinker:
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hmm yeah otherhalf not too impressed!! I suppose at least I managed to get myself home without being carried!! Is 3 large glasses really a bottle?? I thought it was 4!!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hmm yeah otherhalf not too impressed!! I suppose at least I managed to get myself home without being carried!! Is 3 large glasses really a bottle?? I thought it was 4!!
    4.5 standard glasses. It all depends on the size of the glass, really.

Good to know your new tolerance....

One thing I noticed after I lost weight: where I was in my cycle made a difference as well.
    I was a total light weight from period through ovulation. Then my tolerance increased slowly, til my next period.

fwiw.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Hmm yeah otherhalf not too impressed!!

So, how often has this happened? Maybe it's time to have a talk with the other half to get the input from somebody who was there and who cares about you.
  • steff274
    Options
    If you don't eat all day you will feel it quicker, so if you're eating less than you used to that could do it. Having lost a large amount of weight could have done it. heck, even drinking after exercise could do it.

Ok I have obviously been eating throughout the day I am the biggest snacker ever!! Because I knew I would be drinking later cut abit though so never cut into my excersize calories I also did Les Mills body attack before the pub my favourite class!! Would that really have an effect on how I handle my drinks!!? I lost 3 stone in total so a fair bit not ever so quick was 10 stone 8 end of July last year..November last year 8st 8 8st in January since then have been jumping about between 7st 7 and 7st 12
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem! Lightweight = cheaper. I think you just need to be aware of your lower tolerance and compensate by drinking slower and dringing more water in between.

3 big glasses of Pinot definitely can be almost a bottle.

Being smaller would affect your tolerance. As would not having much to eat before/during drinking, or eating lower fat foods.
  • steff274
    Options
    Hmm yeah otherhalf not too impressed!!

So, how often has this happened? Maybe it's time to have a talk with the other half to get the input from somebody who was there and who cares about you.
    Hmm yeah maybe but when he tells me I spend too much time in the gym and that is why I can't handle my drinks it kind of pisses me off!! Also the you're skinny now you don't need to go anymore!! I actually enjoy going to the gym!!!
    rl
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Ok I have obviously been eating throughout the day I am the biggest snacker ever!! Because I knew I would be drinking later cut abit though so never cut into my excersize calories I also did Les Mills body attack before the pub my favourite class!! Would that really have an effect on how I handle my drinks!!? I lost 3 stone in total so a fair bit not ever so quick was 10 stone 8 end of July last year..November last year 8st 8 8st in January since then have been jumping about between 7st 7 and 7st 12

Take it from a pro (drinker, not exercise stud). drinking after you work out hits you faster. part of the reason I love a cold beer in a hot shower after a long run.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Take it from a pro (drinker, not exercise stud). drinking after you work out hits you faster. part of the reason I love a cold beer in a hot shower after a long run.

Is it wrong that this is the most motivational thing I've read all week?
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You could drink beer instead of wine. One 12 oz. bottle of beer can fill three small ice-cold glasses. :laugh:

There are decent-tasting beers with <5% alcohol instead of the scary 11-14% in a Pinot. Here's an interesting list of low alcohol craft beers. I'd stay far away from the sours and spiced ales, personally, but to each their own. :drinker:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You've lost weight recently?
    Yeah, that'll do it!

This