Working out. .. scale won't budge!

Options
I'm working out, 45-60 mins cardio and weight training - doing my Advocare products - eating decent - and for 2 weeks now my scale hasn't budged. Well...actually it did. 1 lb gain. Yikes!
How common is this?
I went shopping today and bought really clean eating food items and got them all prepped for the next 7 days. My plan is to basically stick to the same eating plan the next 7 days and see if that helps.
I normally stay at 1200 calorie range (when I was not going to the gym) and that's the magic number for me. Should I remain at 1200 or change that up too? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    you need to make sure you are maintaining a calorie deficit -that's where the magic happens. Exercise is good, but it is for fitness. Often the calorie burn is overcalculated. A good heart rate monitor with a chest strap will help you determine the correct number of calories you are burning.
    You should be weighing all of your solid foods on a digital food scale. measuring food is very inaccurate for calorie counting. Enter them into the database yourself, or make sure the entries you are using are accurate for weight and calories. there are many inaccurate entries in there since anyone can enter info.

Also read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here