hello 1st time dieter

Options
Hello all,
im Mary im 34 from notts with two boys aged 11 & 4 I never really lost the baby weight from my youngest so after 4 yrs ive decided enough is enough i want to feel and look better .
so far ive been dieting for 4 days and finding it a challenge ive started eating a calorie controlled diet and drink green tea with a slice of lemon 3-4 cups a day.
ive started exercising around 15-20 a day so far with the kinnect your shape program which is really good fun. I hope i will acheive my target weight of 8st @ the moment i am 11st

Replies

• molina76853
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have tried dieting several times until I came to the realization that it is not about a diet it is about a healthy lifestyle change. I like this site because it keeps me accountable and motivates me to exercise. Take it one day at a time and see it as a journey to a healthy lifestyle change. Best of blessings!
  • 2gr8kids
    Options
    Hi Pikeygirl...I was wondering if the Kinect had any really good shape/weight loss videos? I have several for the Wii but end up not doing them after a while. I am just starting this whole fitness/weight loss lifestyle change and I am looking forward to joining a group that can help keep me accountable! Best wishes to all!
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi, I agree with Molina. I find if I restrict too much, I just get hungry and pig out. I recently read and tried the "I" diet, AKA the Instinct Diet. It has very high fiber food plans - I was rarely hungry and ate frequently. I am planning on returning to the recipes at least.

My progress has been slow but sure, I need it that way. In the past I lost it fast and gained it back. Good Luck! :-)
  • pikeygirl
    Options
    Hello I can definitly say that the connect has some really good exercise plans the your shape is brilliant it scans u and tells u ur weight & height chooses the correct programme for your needs there are added cardio boxing classes which are exhausting but fun and a zen class to stretch and cool down after .i cannot compare it to the wii as i have never used it only seen the advertisments on tv .the kinnect your shape also has downloadable classes to change ur programme up a bit and a few gym games such as hula hooping , block smash , light race and stacking blocks each game has three levels of intensity i would say it was definitly one to buy