Ladies, do you feel like this when hubby is on holidays?

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
Deep breath, it's Thursday only a few more days til he goes back to work, yippeee!!! He is like a friggin drill sargeant. "Pen, do this, Penny have you finished this, let's get this done" Oh my God, I have my own schedule, things are always clean at the end of the day, the kids are played with, the meals are prepared, and I do have my own time too....Just leave me alone and go back to work!!!! And no I will not get off the computer, Cash is napping, and Tyson is playing outside right in front of the window I am sitting at, and Austin is at school. And oh by the way...you still have not finished the bathroom floor, which we started at 9 yesterday morning, and since you have banned me from helping, do it yourself!!!

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Deep breath, it's Thursday only a few more days til he goes back to work, yippeee!!! He is like a friggin drill sargeant. "Pen, do this, Penny have you finished this, let's get this done" Oh my God, I have my own schedule, things are always clean at the end of the day, the kids are played with, the meals are prepared, and I do have my own time too....Just leave me alone and go back to work!!!! And no I will not get off the computer, Cash is napping, and Tyson is playing outside right in front of the window I am sitting at, and Austin is at school. And oh by the way...you still have not finished the bathroom floor, which we started at 9 yesterday morning, and since you have banned me from helping, do it yourself!!!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    My husband was out of work for seven months and I thought I was going to go crazy!!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Ha, Yes! Except mine goes like this:

Stop asking me if I cleaned her ears after I gave her a bath. The last time I checked, I have been giving her baths for 18 months and I know what i'm doing. Oh, and please pick your socks up from the floor, seriously...there IS a hamper. Honey, if we have to watch one more episode of family guy i'm going to divorce you. Thanks for playing, bye!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, can I ever relate. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I always contend if we ever win the lottery we still have to stay apart 8-hours a day, otherwise either a lawyer or coroner would become involved with us. :laugh:

Stay strong, sis!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    You know....I'm a go-getter....so usually I'm tripping over him playing his comp games! He'll get up and do stuff when asked....but. Lol

Good luck, ma'am. And try to remember the good things. It'll make tolerating him easier!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Yes and NO
    Dh is the laziest human being alive, so it's usually me trying to lit a fire under his behind
    BUT after being together for 18-19 yrs and married for 7 (and we are only 35)
    I NEED my space, and having him home for a full week off work, just isn't good for anyone :)

Kim
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Mine is on summer break from college and is working nights, so home during the day. I only have 13 days left before my kids are home during the day all day, the "me" time. It was cut short too soon :cry: I'm guessing it's going to be a long, busy summer.
  • TINAL34
    TINAL34 Posts: 6
    Options
    I can totally relate only mine is like a fourth child and will not do anything. So not only does he sounds like yours but he hangs around all day saying he's bored and won't leave me alone and keeps poking me or what not.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate only mine is like a fourth child and will not do anything. So not only does he sounds like yours but he hangs around all day saying he's bored and won't leave me alone and keeps poking me or what not.

Why I'm afraid of having children. I already have two! The hubby and the cat! Goodness.....

You ladies with children are strong!
  • TINAL34
    TINAL34 Posts: 6
    Options
    To Kimber507
    Thank you I thought I was the only one whos husband was like that. I call mine my 4th child.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    LOL....Luckily my husband rarely takes a holiday. However, ONE Sunday at home and he drives me crazy! The last time he was home for one day he decided to paint the doors and I spent the entire next week cleaning paint up off the floors, the walls next to the door, outside in the driveway....and somehow....off the dog!

Usually when he has some free time, I 'suggest' he goes on his motorcycle or something....anything that will keep him out of my hair :smile:
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LOL I too can relate. After 27 yrs of marriage I FINALLY don't feel guilty if I'm goofing off instead of cleaning, and I don't get angry when I'm busy like heck & he's watching the Sci-Fi channel. There's a reason why we married them???
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm sure mine thinks I am bothering him :laugh: :laugh: He's an engineer......... so he has his own (more efficient) way of doing everything from the way the spoons are put in the dishwasher to how things should be folded. :laugh: But he helps around so much that I feel guilty complaining. Sometimes I just have to tell him, the kitchen is my domain -- go away. Makes "retirement" sound really interesting :laugh: :laugh:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I'm sure mine thinks I am bothering him :laugh: :laugh: He's an engineer......... so he has his own (more efficient) way of doing everything from the way the spoons are put in the dishwasher to how things should be folded. :laugh: But he helps around so much that I feel guilty complaining. Sometimes I just have to tell him, the kitchen is my domain -- go away. Makes "retirement" sound really interesting :laugh: :laugh:

This is so funny! My husband is a little better now, but when we first got married he wanted to show me "his way" of doing everything. Or "the better way" as he calls it. Pour stuff down the "right" sink, clean this up with the "right" towel, don't put the stirring spoon on the counter! Ahhhhh! I told him, leave the kitchen before I kill you!!!

Ha, ha, he is an engineer too! Now if he wants me to make cookies, I say, leave the kitchen first! He pouts, but it's either that or no cookies!