Exercising....

Shannonk507
Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Thoughts? I have P90X, 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels, The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, and The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart. Suggestions for which to start with? Does it really matter?

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    It doesn't really matter which one you start with. Since P90X has a schedule, maybe you can start with that one and plan your workouts for the month. If it has been a while since you've exercised you might want to easy your way into it. 30 Day Shred is about 20 minutes. I'm not familiar with the Biggest Loser workouts.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Personally, I started with Shred and worked up to P90X, but I don't know if you have to do it that way. I think Shred is a great workout to start with if you are starting from no exercise. It's 20 minutes and you keep moving up levels. I felt like Shred and Jillian's other DVD's really prepared me for P90X. I never felt like I was going to die when I started P90X because I already had some strength and endurance built up. I think that made it easier to stick to. Lots of peeps jump right into P90X and they do great. You should do whatever you think will give you the greatest chances for success. In the end it doesn't really matter which one you do first as long as do it :smile:
    Good luck!
  • Shannonk507
    Thanks ladies. Great ideas! I agree about the "building endurance" for P90X. I think I would be most comfortable with that. Ideas and thoughts on the programs still welcome....
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    P90X is the single best workout program that I have ever done for fat loss and overall fitness. However, I had to get in to some sort of decent shape before starting because I wasn't really ready to do most of the moves in the workouts at first. I think once you do at least one program before hand, then you can rock your way through the X and lose some more fat, gain lots of lean muscle, and increase all other aspects of your fitness. I haven't done the others that you listed, but I do have one Jillian Michaels DVD that I really like. It was definitely not as intense as P90X, but it still got my heart rate up and burned lots of calories. As long as you do something each day to get your heart rate up and burn calories, you will do fine. If you are going to work yourself up the X, I would suggest getting used to working out for 6 days a week no matter what program you do.
  • Shannonk507
    Thanks for your input. I agree.
This discussion has been closed.