control?

Options
Hi everyone!

So today I had a great day. I worked out for an hour and ate very well. But...then 10 o clock rolls around and I HAD to have a bagel and chex mix. How can i keep myself from doing this. Is it time for me to banish all the bad food in my cabinets? I feel like I am fine with moderation during the day but than at night something comes over me and I can't control it.

Is anyone with me in feeling like this?

Cass

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    yes especially since i still have xmas junk food laying around. but with the new year comes a fresh start and I'm trying hard not to break
  • sweetsaddict
    Options
    I TOTALLY understand!! I am fine when I am at work but when I get home I eat from 5pm till 10pm..it is really annoying. I hate being at home on my days off because I eat from sun up to sun down. :(
  • douglw
    douglw Posts: 25
    Options
    I have the same issue. I have no problem keeping myself under control through the day, then at about 10:00, I get cravings. Getting rid of easily available snacks helps a lot. The other thing that I do is drink a lot of water. I drink about 32 ounces a night to help that urge. I hope that helps.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yep. I say, get rid of the "bad" stuff. If you have to snack, (and some people do, I'm serious) make it a whole grain whatever or bowl go lean crunch. Make sure it fits into your daily calories. Workout a little more or restructure your meal times if you know you need that 10pm snack. Then enjoy it and don't feel guilty about ruining your day. You can make that snack work!
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    Self control and willpower. I know everybody says that.. but that's because it's true!
  • cwuenschel
    cwuenschel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too have this issue. What I find works for me is to plan the night snacks into my calories. (I got this advice from someone who can't stop herself from getting up in the middle of the night to snack.) Since I know I'm going to eat in the evening, I just plan for it now. It does help to have healthy snacks to eat at night, but I am a firm believer in not depriving yourself of a little "bad" food. For me it works much better to allow myself to eat a little treat so I won't want to have a HUGE treat later. Anyway, I hope this helps. Oh, one other thing I tried that helps a little is to make sure I don't eat dinner too early. If I can hold out till 7:30, I'm less likely to get hungry before it's time for bed.
  • cwuenschel
    cwuenschel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh, and exercise can make you hungry. You need your energy; so don't feel guilty for feeling hungry afterwards.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Snacking at night isn't inherently bad. It doesn't hurt your metabolism or anything like that. Just make sure that if you do have to snack that you have the calories for it and that what you're eating is healthy. The only real problem with late night snacking is with what you eat and how much you eat.