ive been on a egg diet for 5 weeks and lost 21bs

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why would you even go for that? Minimum calories for a woman is 1200, and way more for a man. Yes, you are starving yourself.

Seriously, you can lose weight eating lots of your favorite foods in moderation. Read the Sexypants thread a few times.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hmm eggs and protein diet. Bet you smell lovely :laugh:
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Omg PLEASE eat some real food. Don't get me wrong i love eggs too. My lunch tomorrow is 4 egg whites... PLUS 2 cups of spinach, jalapeño cheddar cheese AND 4oz of steak. Food is your FRIEND!

If you don't know how all this stuff works. LEARN. There are so many different paths to get to where you need to go. Learn the different styles and give them a try. Eventually with some tweaking you will fin the right one for you. As you may have guessed mine is obviously high protien. But its also IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) as well as the standard "calorie goal". Mine is 1,400 cals a day. Over time I learned that when I work out I need to drink water, have a small glass of protien powder drink and half and apple about an hour before a workout. And a cup of chocolate milk after a work out.

It took ages for me to learn these things but once I did I had the best results of my LIFE. The balance of losing weight (about 2-3lbs per week), keeping and strengthening muscles, losing inches, not having cravings, having energy to burn and being happy ALL THE TIME, because all my energies and systems are working in harmony. It just sent endorphins to my brain or something. I found my ideal healthy lifestyle. My job changed and it all went to hell I fell off the wagon and gained a bunch of weight. But now that I'm trying to lose again I feel comfortable and confident because I still have the KNOWLEDGE of what my body needs to kick some butt!

This is what you get when you take the time to learn proper nutrition and health. It's about more than just dropping numbers on a scale. At the rate your going your probably destroying yor muscles. And you don't have the proper nutrients for you body to keep functioning right. Please be careful.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you want to do something so unsustainable and just lose weight quickly that's up to you. Just curious, why would you share this?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    That's dandy. How's the farting?
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi Rederizer,

If you plan to keep that up (which I don't recommend), please take a multivitamin.

Once you lose that weight and get that 6 pack, I'm sure you hope to keep it. That's the problem with your current plan -- it's unsustainable over your lifetime.

But it is a start. From where you are right now, you should start adding a variety of fruits and vegetables and exchanging those eggs for other proteins and "good fats." (You can read about good fats and bad fats by using Google.) See if you can spend the next two weeks improving your eating without stopping your weight loss. You're in the right place.

Please ignore the negativity -- these folks aren't trying to be negative, they're just seeing you make a choice that ultimately will fail for you, and they want to guide you to a better way. Stay positive! You did a good thing by deciding to make a change -- we can help you tune and tailor that decision so that your plan will work for you.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hmm eggs and protein diet. Bet you smell lovely :laugh:

Would be popular at school, I'd imagine.
  • Rederizer
    Options
    I am 21
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Rapid weight loss does not give you a six pack, it gives you a flabby body when your skin can't keep up with how the rest of you is shrinking.

Just eat sensibly.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I know I'm starving but I have to eat under 1900-2100 the website said to lose weight.

This means that you eat 1900-2100 calories, not that you try to eat as little as possible. :noway:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kiddo, you are doing unhealthy things to your body. You're a big boy now and can make your own decisions about how you live and what you eat.

But it is your fault if you don't know how to take care of yourself. Go see a doctor, for Pete's sake. It isn't hard.
  • ncbeachybum
    ncbeachybum Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    All I can think about is how bad your farts must smell.
  • Mikkimeowza
    Options
    That's dandy. How's the farting?

Even more importantly, how close to a bathroom do you have to stay at all times? How many candles have you lit in the last two weeks?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You don't need a six pack as badly as you need to be healthy and alive.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    OP I noticed that in the few days you have been on MFP you stated that you eat 1900 calories in one post, 1500 calories in another post, and today just 6-8 eggs and a protein drink? You also state that you have no set workout in the gym. You say you are 21 but look 15 in your picture.

DungeonTroll-1.jpg
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    A LOT of diet books; too many frankly. Most follow a fairly standard organization (the first chapter always explaining that YOUR FAT IS NOT YOUR FAULT) and, with very very few exceptions, most will tell you that ‘calorie restricted diets don’t work for weight loss’ and that whatever magic they are selling is the key to quick, easy (and of course permanent) weight loss.

Whether it’s insulin, dietary fat, the protein:carbohydrate or insulin:glucagon ratio, partitioning or whatever other BS, they will make it sound like caloric intake is not the key aspect in whether or not someone gains weight.

In almost all cases, the idea that food intake must be restricted in any fashion is dismissed; if it is mentioned it is generally as a short aside late in the book that nobody pays any attention to.

This is purely a psychological ploy; it sucks to have to consciously restrict food intake and this causes mental stress. Simply knowing that you can’t eat what you want when you want it blows; I hate it as much as the next person. Many people will feel hungrier simply because they know that they can’t eat what they want when they want it.

Yet the fundamental fact is that the body will NOT have any need to tap into stored body fat unless the individual is burning more calories than they are taking in. Of course this means that either energy expenditure has to go up, caloric intake has to go down, or both have to occur.

So how can these books make this claim? It’s simple: they all hide basic caloric restriction in whatever they happen to be proposing. Basically, this is Lyle’s Rule #1 of Diet books:

All diet books tell you that you won’t have to restrict calories, and then trick you into doing it anyway.

Source:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/all-diets-work-the-importance-of-calories.html
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Why do this to yourself just why?? Your starving and its not healthy. Maybe you shouldn't be doing this. 20 lbs in 4 weeks also is not healthy.

I hope you care enough about yourself to stop this.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I know I'm starving but I have to eat under 1900-2100 the website said to lose weight. I have to get a six pack by June :/ when I hit 170lbs I will start eating and gaining weight but for now I'm just trying to get to 170 lbs the easiest way and I work out 6 days a week for 60-80 mins per session.

I started working out 5 weeks ago I'm still new to this but idk. I just want mc Donalds so bad but I can same with other stuff so I eat eggs

If you need to eat 1900-2100 cals to lose weight then why are you only eating eggs? There are tons of things you can eat for 1900-2100 calories! And if you are exercising on top of that you're probably burning half of what you are eating. Yes you'll lose weight but you're not going to get a six pack doing that and you might reach 170 but your body is going to look like crap because you are not fueling it properly. The easiest way is usually not the best way to go.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    OP I noticed that in the few days you have been on MFP you stated that you eat 1900 calories in one post, 1500 calories in another post, and today just 6-8 eggs and a protein drink? You also state that you have no set workout in the gym. You say you are 21 but look 15 in your picture.

Just checked out his Twitter feed, lots of posts and memes about teachers and school. Methinks someone is still in high school.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    its not my fault I know crap all about this sorta stuff.

whose fault is it then?

Is it mine? your parents?

If I put into practice what I learned growing up about diet and nutrition from my parents, I’d be on a steady diet of filter-less cigarettes, Crisco, buttermilk, Shake and Bake’d pork chops, biscuits and gravy (bacon grease infused), Funyuns, Vienna sausages, and Little Debbie snack cakes - my cardio would be walking back and forth to the cigarette machine or jukebox at the neighborhood pub...