slipped up today for first time and now debating quitting.

Options
124»

Replies

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The easiest way that I have kept myself motivated when I would have a day like this is for me to realize that this is a long term goal, with short term setbacks. Don't let one day stop you. Or even 2 days. If you quit again, next year you are going to be saying to yourself, "I need to lose weight, I need to get back on track." If you don't quit now, a year from now you are going to be a year closer to meeting your long term goal. Go get it, and forget about falling off the wagon for a meal or two.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You're human, you're gonna slip up sometimes. I swear my mantra now is "slow progress is better than no progress". Keep working towards that goal. The road may seem long and treacherous, and there will be bumps and hills. But it will all be worth it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If you have 130 pounds to lose... I'm quite sure one cup of noodle will fit just fine in your daily calories.

Log everything... you'll see that it's not that bad. Even if you ate 500 over your calories... you still probably ate less than you burned during the day... especially if you're set to lose 2 pounds a week. Heck even if you ate 1500 over you would make up for it in two days of eating at a deficit. One slip up isn't the end of the world at all.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    On the days I would slip up I called them 'reward' days! Makes it easier to pick one' s self up and and dust off and carry on!

No worries!
  • Dian1701
    Options
    It isn't a matter of quitting or proceeding. This is life now. And as with everything in life, you'll have good days and not so good days. But you still wake up tomorrow and go on living. Eating is the same thing. You eat everyday, multiple times a day. You'll eat again tomorrow. You don't quit just because one meal isn't all that great for you. You still have to eat. You still have to make the choice again with the next meal. Its your choice to make the next meal a good one, or a poor one.
  • waytoahealthierme
    Options
    Thanks sooo much everyone! I never expected so much support! I am not gonna quit. Its just my mind trying to tell me to quit. I just logged my foods from yesterday (friday) and i was 165 calories below goal. I did overdo the carbs by 7 though. The site said that if everyday is like today i was be 238 in 5 weeks. And @msharrywinsto,happy birthday!!! Hope you have a great day and you have a great time celebrating!!!!
  • waytoahealthierme
    Options
    And to the person that was questioning why my ticker says i havent lost anything if ive been going since june,its becuz i just started on this site yesterday lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks sooo much everyone! I never expected so much support! I am not gonna quit. Its just my mind trying to tell me to quit. I just logged my foods from yesterday (friday) and i was 165 calories below goal. I did overdo the carbs by 7 though. The site said that if everyday is like today i was be 238 in 5 weeks. And @msharrywinsto,happy birthday!!! Hope you have a great day and you have a great time celebrating!!!!

don't worry too much about the macronutrients. they aren't actually calories, they're grams.
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Might want to think about getting some help to work through those guilt and shame issues.
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Persevere!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Then stop being on a diet and treat this as a total lifestyle change... Fit those foods that you sometimes enjoy into your caloric intake and stop thinking that foods are good vs. bad, yes there are some foods that are more nutritious, but the other ones that are less can be just as good. Especially if they help you adhere to your overall plan (Pizza from time to time, cookies here and there, etc, etc)..... Once you have accomplished this it will make this journey a whole lot easier.... Best of Luck

+1