Bad habits aren't showing...but feeling lazy.

Options
Don't get me wrong..I don't WANT to put anything on, but it seems very odd considering the way I've been eating for the last few weeks.

I have started college, and for around 3 hours of the day I am walking around, up on my feet and maneuvering around the building. For breakfast I would have something like toast with lemon curd on, and a cup of tea. For lunch, it varies - from a sausage roll to a Subway..or Nandos..or Pizza Hut depending on the length of time I have for lunch. And for my evening meal it is what ever is cooked up..mostly actual meals and not fatty foods.

Yesterday was a day off...as is today. But I went to the store and bought so much candy I had to throw the leftovers away at the end because I felt sick. I ended up having a pizza yesterday and upon weighing myself this morning...I don't actually see a significant weight gain, considering the amount of snacking and fast food I have eaten in the past three weeks. It says I have only put on about 2lbs..which I am surprised by. I haven't done any exercise except the walking as stated and that is a task in itself - as it's all uphill and downhill. I can, though, see some weight gain - especially around my face - which is the first place where I seem to 'put it on' and 'loose it from' whenever I gain/loose weight.

I really want to get back into the swing of things but I end up feeling so peckish when I come home, that I want to just eat and eat. Does anybody have any advice? I've done this before, 2 times actually, but this time it just seems so much more harder. Chocolate and cookies are my biggest enemy (even though I never used to eat them) but now I just can't stop doing so.

Help?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nip it in the bud! You did not put in all that work to lose to gain it back. You have to want this, you have to do this! Start inputting those calories and see what and where you are!
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey man I have been there before and only about a year ago. Im 19 and a college student as well so I know how hard it can be to stick to it. But you just have to get it done sometimes. Just think about the reason you want to get in shape in the first place every time you get discouraged. Stick to it, workout, track your food, and youll be amazed at how it will change you both physically and mentally.
  • jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are in college so I'm guessing you are still fairly young. It is good that you didn't pick up a lot of weight with your latest binge. However, 2 pounds is pretty significant. You don't want to see that every day. My advice for you would be to develop good habits now. You don't want to get my age and struggle with bad habbits like I do. It is very hard to teach an old dog new tricks! So allow yourself to have small, controlled binges, and don't get complacent!