Options
Hi my name is Barb and i am new to this site. I am 52 years old and married with three children. I really need to lose 20 lbs and i am hoping that of you can help me. I have terrible eating habits because my work hours are so crazy!!!! Would love to meet everyone.

Replies

• celesalk
    Options
    Welcome, Barb!

I can understand some of the craziness being a full time student with a job and WAY too many interests in student organizations (yeah... totally did that to myself). I started really using this site only 5 days ago and have already been blown away by the amount of support and encouragement I have gotten from this community. It makes me WANT to come back, update the food and exercise reports well (and truthfully) because I know encouraging words won't be far behind!

With the disdain of drinking water... right there with you. I've started getting those Crystal Lite packs because I like laziness, and I keep a bottle of water close by... because sometimes, laziness wins overall. =D
  • laydeedancer
    Options
    Hi Barb! I'm new here too. Best of luck to you!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb,
    Welcome! I'm new, too. My eating habits are pretty awful, and they're affecting my sleeping habits as well.
    Your mention of diet coke really hits home--my mother is addicted to that stuff, but I'm so proud of her because she's gone 2 weeks without it!
    Work hours are always a pain, but it's great that you're taking initiative to take better care of yourself. Your kids will be grateful for it later :)
    Do you like tea? If you really hate water that much, it might be a good substitute for diet sodas.

Cheers and good luck! :flowerforyou: