Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Biking for 2011-

I received a new bike for Xmas, it's true, once you rode a bike as a kid, you don't forget as an adult. The only thing is the body leaves you a bit sore. Still loving the feeling of being outdoors and seeing nature. It has become a destressor instead of going to the gym, now my family can participate getting active with me :)

Replies

• That's great! Biking is SO much fun and a great way for the family to spend time together :D
  • I am thinking about getting a bike soon, would love for my family to ride with me too. Tryibg to vary my exercise routine. Let us know how you like it. Happy New Year!!

1861591.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Ok, I'll warn you now that you will have to temper your butt a bit before it doesn't hurt anymore while riding. I bought a brand new bike at the beginning of the year and it took a while to get used to it. I belong to a bike club and we do some pretty decent miles on the weekends. I broke down and bought the bike shorts and had to do an occasional icing of the butt. Was painful but the kids got a good laugh out of icing mama's butt. Oh, and if you stop for any really long periods of time from riding, you'll have to re-temper your butt.

The padded shorts are definitely worth getting if you're going to plan any long rides. I've been able to find some pretty decent shorts that were kind of cheap at Sports Authority. If you find you're a little more sore than normal, you might want to go with the men's shorts. I have found that the men's shorts tend to have more padding than the women's.