TDEE Settings

Options
I am using the TDEE method (-20%) but am unsure how to set the activity level.

On the scooby calculator it has options for light, medium, heavy etc activity.

My exercise: MWF - Stronlifts 5x5 plus 2 additional 5x5 supporting exercises (usually arms and core)
TTh, mountain bike riding (45-75 minutes, 14mph - between 800 and 1200 calories measured with HRM)

Basic counting would put that at 5 days of moderate exercise. However when I choose that setting on scoobys it gives me almost 600 calories more a day. Counting the actual calories burnt (assuming ~200 for lifting days) should only give me 350/day.

Which setting is more realistic... or would you go with the actual 350 off of the base?

Yeah - I know I am probably overthinking this over 250 calories... but hey - thats a half pound a week.

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Pick one try it for a month, if it's not the right result pick another.

I know it's time consuming, but that's really the best way to figure it out.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Is that 600 less 20% which is 480? Seriously, I over underestimate on the calories and overestimate on the food (just to be safe).
  • samammay
    Options
    Is that 600 less 20% which is 480? Seriously, I over underestimate on the calories and overestimate on the food (just to be safe).

Base setting has me at 2017 cal/day, light is 2313 and moderate is 2606 - so its actually 600 (or 589)