I feel like a failure

Options
2»

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I think you're a winner for realizing what you need to do next and doing it. So many people can't.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You're here! You are not a failure unless you keep telling yourself you are! Concentrate on positive thoughts and give yourself credit for being HERE. :heart:
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Each time you fall off and get back on (or how ever else you want to phrase it) is a learning experience. You learn new things about what you can handle, what needs work, and what challenges you'll continue to face in your journey so you can work your new lifestyle around them. Ease into it slowly if you need to. You have a lot of other stuff going on so don't feel like you need to go cold turkey. Getting back into the swing of things in itself is progress. It sounds like taking some time to plan ahead for each day's tasks will be essential to your success.

Best of luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I undersand why people beat themselves up but ultimately its pointless boring and counterproductive. You need to be friends with and support yourself. You dont say how much you fell off the wagon by, but if you wnat a fresh start then just make it a fresh start.

You pobably need to talk to a close friend or run through your plan that takes into account all the current strife and how to avoid going off the rails. Your mfp friends can at least keep an eye on you if you ask them and then you need to have your coping strategies in place ready for when the challenging times come. Manu people start new diets every day so yours is no different if you want to look at it like that.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Very true I ate them out of the house which made it worse. I am giving myself time to feel and moving on. I like the idea of a plan. It's funny I am so much harder on myself than others. If it was a friend I would remind them it's a marathon not a Sprint. You didn't wait six months it was a week and what a great opportunity for you to learn. But when it's me it's a different story. I started tracking my food again and was honest about my behavior. I think of this site as accountability for me. Thank you all.

I am very much the same way....much harder on myself. There are times I have to mentally stop myself from being so internally negative. I usually repeat the phrase "you would never say this to anyone else, why are you saying it to yourself?" or something like that. Sounds too simple to work, but it does!

Start patting yourself on the back for the good things you do, the small victories with your eating, etc. It will help to change your attitude, and in this struggle, positive attitude is more powerful than any workout.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Isn't it odd that when we spend our time helping to care for others, we tend to take LESS care of ourselves?

Don't feel like a failure, just begin anew. You've got this.
  • gbklvr
    gbklvr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement I feel empowered to try keep going. I know I will get there. Just dropped my basket for a bit!
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's ok to fail. Just keep going. And make sure the most important things stay at the top of your list right now.