Ladies: How did you deal with the loss of 'the girls'??

Options

Replies

• Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 37 and after a few kids, my boobs don't look as hot as they used to. I'm actually hoping with the weight loss and some heavy lifting, I can get them back where they belong and I wouldn't mind them being a bit smaller if they fit my future new body better.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Get fitted at a professional bra fitter (I'm not a fan of VS, but others seem to be). Bask in the glory of a new, fabulous bra!

I've always been large-chested, and I was always sad that the cutest, sexiest bras were never available in a size 36D. I'm still a strange size (32E) which means I cannot buy off the rack in any department stores, but the bra fitters that I've been to have some amazing bras in my size.

Ditto. I hated my old grandma bras. I had a reduction 30 years ago, when I was a teenager, but I was still big. Now I wear the kind of bras I looked at longingly when I was in high school but couldn't fit into at the time.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I havent lost alot in my breast, but they have went down alittle. In fact my bra still fits. I am fitting in some shirts that did not fit before and I'm glad about it. Even if they went down alot, I would be okay with it. Boobs dont make you. You probably dont have trouble fitting into shirts or jackets, like alot of us do.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Amazon sells bra pads for about 50 cents a pair. I've got a set for every bra and swimsuit. The only one who knows what the "girls" (or lack thereof) really look like is rather fond of small ones (he's a booty man himself). I used to wish they were bigger until I started running and lifting - nothing to bounce or get in the way lol.
  • apacheta
    Options
    Do we really have to continue to allow breast size determine how we feel about ourselves?
    This is just cultural programming that we internalize. Why not just celebrate becoming healthy and strong?
    If you're not nursing anyone it really doesn't matter what size they are...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I have never, and will never, understand why some women who lose weight seem to believe that their formerly oversized boobs were somehow better than an overall fit and healthy body. It seems to be a topic of intense interest though.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Meh. I like to run and big t#tties would get in the way. Get rid of 'em I say.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I celebrated.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I feel you.. I mean, Ive always had a 34B, which was fine when I was younger, but then after having a kid, they pretty much deflated, for lack of a better word. They never changed when I gained / lost weight, except when I gained more weight than ever...

After putting on 40lbs, they went up to a 38C, which actually isnt *that* much of a difference at all, except that for the first time in almost 20 years, they had some substance to them, and were actually perky and full...oh man was that nice, but thats coming to an end.

Ive only lost about 7 pounds, and already they are returning to their former deflated selves...last to come on, and the first to go....*tears!* Definitely nothing oversized about them at any stage of my weight LoL just that they looked...like well, they looked like *something* So yeah, back to padded bras...so that they dont just flatten out in any top I put on. Argh.

It really isnt about the size though, just the shape. If I could go back to prebaby when they were super small but still shapely I'd be thrilled. But what Ive had since is totally shapeless, very little fat to give them any shape at all... Its funny to me the assumption many have that the concern has to be all about size and wanting to be / stay big. Unless Im just a wierdo with a different kind of problem than the size of them, but the shape of them. I wouldnt be offended..this isnt the first time Ive been a wierdo LoL
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Get a push up
  • Kakalina2
    Kakalina2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sadly, mine are still pretty darn big. I was finally fitted by an expert. I was a 52DDDD now I am a 34G. The cup size just isn't going down. I would like to get them down to D but it isn't happening. I have lost all but 15 lbs. I still want to lose but that won't make any major cup changes. Guess I'm just stuck with the girls. Elomi bras are my best friend.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything in that area and I would dearly, dearly love to. Currently a DD and that hasn't changed a bit since I lost weight. I would love to get down to a C but I don't think that's happening.
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4 sizes and I embrace it !!!
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My man boobs are getting smaller
  • RachelInSpace
    RachelInSpace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope mine get significantly smaller. As it is, I have to spend $50 or more on a good, supportive bra. I'd love to run into Target and grab something cute for $8...
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm actually glad I've gone from a 105D to an 80B. This size fits to my new body and I will be happy after having the extra skin removed. They are saggy because of a lifetime being overweight, but this will be fixed next wednesday. I'm not filling them, just having them put in the right place ;-)

Looking forward to being able to wear nice bras afterwards without fear of them popping out all the time! It will also make running and jumping during workouts soooo much easier too. All things I will embrace with a smile!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38D to a 36b....how did I deal...with a big celebration and bought new pretty pretty bra's and will continue to do so when it suits me...

I didn't mind my bigger girls but it always meant that my bras were plain or not frilly pretty little things...

Now they are and they are much less of a hassel when buying button up shirts, shoulders don't hurt, and they go with the rest of the new smaller me...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I found a good plastic surgeon and will be paying my " girls" off for the next 4 years....that's how I dealt with it!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'd rather lose some boob than be chunky, so it wasn't really a big deal to me. When I was thinner, my boobs were smaller, but so was the rest of me so it all balanced out.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My breasts are part of my identity as a woman, but such a small part compared to so many other things.

I found the earlier post along the lines of, "when I reach my weight-loss goal my husband tells me I will get new breasts" surprising and very disappointing.