100 calorie challenge

caprica
caprica Posts: 80 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
ok fellow MFPers here is a challenge for you - so you have gotten to the end of the day and due to that "snack" you now have roughly a hundred calories left for dinner and you are hungry - what do you do?

I will do the easy one - 2/3 of low carb protein shake (79 cals) and a side salad (30 cals) for a total of 109 cals.

Over to you - love to hear how you solve this one .... Because we have all been here before....

Replies

• Cant wait to hear the responses to this......steamed vegetables is a good idea.
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Nice.
    I;d have a banana or a piece of fruit.
  • 2 rice cakes, half tin of tomatoe with herbs, sliced mushroom on top and microwave for 1 min.....very filling and very low in calories
  • I would have some homemade popcorn!! you could have about 3 cups if you add no oil!! That's a lot of popcorn!!! :-0
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    weight watchers bread + jam or a crumpet with low fat margerine
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    A quick walk to get some extra calories and a chicken breast (boneless/skinless) with stemed veggies.
  • caprica
    caprica Posts: 80 Member
    Yeah that is another way to solve it - 90 mins of gardening will get you a quarter pounder ......
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    I'd go get some exercise in so I can eat more. :wink:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    I'd go get some exercise in so I can eat more. :wink:
    Right.
  • matina29
    matina29 Posts: 64 Member
    1 scrambled egg in pan with a spray of Pam and sauteed baby spinach.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Take the dog for a really long walk and "earn" more calories!
  • ohhh, good topic! thanks for posting. i'll check back often to get some ideas.

and ya'll are funny. exercise more to earn more cals. HAHA....

my newest thing is:
    -1/2 english muffin, toasted
    -1 Tbsp garlic hummus
    -1 tsp yellow mustard
    -1 Tbsp salsa
    -fresh cracked pepper

Total: 111 calories

this fills me up so much that it has actually served as a meal sometimes if i wasn't terribly hungry to start with. but otherwise, a GREAT snack at 111 calories!! :)
  • I would either work out to have more calories or do a fat free ice cream for desert. skinny cow makes individual services that are 150 calories.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    i'd go with 3/4 cup egg beaters added to sauteed spinach, some seasoning, and a handful of various chopped veggies.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    1 cup of kale sauteed with some garlic, a handful of brussels sprouts, 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drizzled with soy sauce and a teeny bit of olive oil. Comes out to almost 100 calories exactly for a nice big plate of food. Yummmmm.
  • You guys are going to think I'm insane, but I love tomatoes. LOVE them. A whole tomato (washed well and eaten like an apple) = 25 calories! :) Woot!
  • Egg Beater Omlet. 3/4 cup egg beaters, 1/8 cup Pico De Gallo, and Hot Sauce should come out to 98 Calories and is very filling
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    You guys are going to think I'm insane, but I love tomatoes. LOVE them. A whole tomato (washed well and eaten like an apple) = 25 calories! :) Woot!

Oh yummm. With a teeny sprinkle of salt between bites.
  • Yeah that is another way to solve it - 90 mins of gardening will get you a quarter pounder ......

hahahaha! Love those quarter pounders, too!
This discussion has been closed.