Why did I start this up on my birthday weekend?

Options
Hi there! I had mfp last year and lost around three stone (yay) but I'm having trouble getting rid of this pesky ten pounds (and maybe more if I can get there..). So I'm back and looking for some friends (and encouragement) to help me through! Only problem is it's my birthday on sunday and two people have already made me cakes...yikes...and I'm getting a chinese takeaway aswell! Help!

Replies

• onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ah, if only there was a way to be committed to weight loss while eating 2 cakes and a bunch of chinese food!

But if you stick to smaller portions of cake and get something simple like broccoli beef & steamed brown rice it won't be a total loss (and it's actually still VERY yummy)! And don't forget to log alcohol!
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Not to worry, I started last February on my first day of vacation in Hawaii. I didn't lose any weight that week, but I also didn't come home 5+ lbs heavier! I was just conscious of everything I was eating. So enjoy a small slice of the cake and maybe go for a walk sometime that day. Its all about balance.
  • RunerRita
    Options
    You can do it stay strong! I too am working on those last 10 pounds and they are just as important and hard to do as the first ten! Happy Birthday!!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    You're giving your self a birthday gift of future good health.

Eat small pieces of both cakes, choose the less saucy Chinese foods, do an exercise. Approximate your calories. You could then take your "overage" - if it's not too high - and then average the excess out over the rest of the week and subtract that from your daily net goal (unless it's 1200 calories). It's doable, promise!

Alternatively, allow yourself a reasonable amount, don't worry about the extra calories and just start again the next day. But, you should pick when to do this! I'm aiming for birthday and Christmas Eve only.
  • 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great replies and advice!! I can do this, I can do this...only problem I have is I find it hard to stop myself gobbling up whatevers infront of me!! Also some extra questions for you kind encouraging people...

*How do I log calories of takeaway food?
    *What meals are better to get from the chinese (unfortunately I love the duck pancakes so may have to have just a teensy bit of that - is it horrifyingly calorific?)

Thanks guys!!