losing weight while eating unhealthy?

since school started in the first week of spetmebr I've been in hella lot of stress. before school began i was intense working out clean sting etc. since school strted I've been eating pizza, pasta, unlimited amounts of desserts and sleeping for about 3-5 hrs a day. i know this is very unhealthy however when i checked my weight this morning I've lost weight! when school began i was a little bit over 146 now I'm 145.00. I've noticed my stomach get bigger and every time i check my weight its always in the morning same scale same spot. please is there any reasoning behind this. thank you

Replies

• A fluctuation of maybe over 1lb isn't really losing weight.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    All you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit. For weight loss only (not overall health), it doesn't matter where those calories come from.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Your stomach is probably bloated from stress and excess sodium.

As others have said, you only need a deficit for weight loss and 1 lb fluctuation doesn't necessarily mean a lot.

Also, if you are no longer exercising, you could be losing muscle while gaining fat, which could lead to increased inches but lower weight because muscle is heavier than fat.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    If you are eating bad and have not been lifting since school started, you could be losing muscle and gaining fat. A pound of fat has more volume than a pound of muscle. Don't kid yourself. You are not losing weight (fat) unless you are eating at a deficit, and with multiple desserts, pizza and pasta, that is not likely the case.
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
  • I'd also check on a different scale to make sure yours isn't broken (like if there is one at the gym where you lift)

Cause yea, scales can go wacky, and it would be a nasty surprise to find out later on....
    Also any loss is most likely muscle, but I have no idea what your activity/ food intake is like so I have no clue.