Egg & Lemon Soup

dvdlover
dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
5 cups chicken broth
4 large eggs at room temperature
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1 cup chopped leeks

put the broth in a soup pot and bring to a simmer with a whisk beat the eggs and lemon juice together in a medium bowl season to taste with salt and pepper ladle 2 cups of hot broth slowly into the egg mixture whisking to temper pour the tempered egg mixture back into the pot whisk well and turn the heat to low add the chopped leeks continue whisking over low heat until the soup is ever so slightly thickened do not allow to simmer or soup will curdle ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately

Replies

• judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    I love soups Yummy! Thanks
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I had this in Greece. Think it had rice too maybe. I love this!
  • Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    Does anyone have any good kids meal ideas?
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    kid ideas would be homemade mini corndogs. use a mix of jiffy cornbread and cut up one hot dog. use a mini muffin pan and you're good to go.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Avgolemono...... I had this at a Greek restaurant and was wonderful this recipe looks fabulous. Simple and flavorful mine had rice added to it. Thanks so much for sharing
  • how ban I save this to use later?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Hello, when you respond to a post it will stay in your profile page. Just go to your profile, look down toward the bottom, you will see a number.... It's saved here.......that's why sometimes you see people just type bump. It saves it ..
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    save
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    bump :)
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    I love soups and need to try this one. Thanks:)