I jus ate 600 calories...where do I go from here

Options
I was okay today. Probably consumed around 700 calories before I got tempted by a mini pizza and some baked beans then has another 600 or so all in one go. I needed some advice on where I go from here. Normally I would just eat more and be sad but I think I would rather work off those 600 calories, drink lots of water and go for a very long run in the morning. Along with lots of fruit tomorrow. Do you think that world work or am I doomed for my next weigh in?

Replies

• Shirotora88
    Options
    I have had a lot of those days. be patient with yourself, Don't over due the exercise I tried that and the next day I could not exercise. Try tomorrow to eat healthy one day is not going to kill you but if you eat bad all the time that's a problem.. Keep up the good work
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me, I just go on with my day and make better choices for my next meal. I will workout as usual and move on. Weight loss is really about your weekly deficits, no just daily. Don't worry too much about it, just continue on with your goals.
    Hang in there :flowerforyou:

73529108.png
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If I overeat what I typically do is either just put a little more oomph into my exercise. Not all at once in one day though! I try to burn a little more than I might typically do over the next couple workouts. Or I'll shave off some of my calories the next two or three days to make up for it. The main thing is don't fret because overeating every once in awhile will not ruin your progress. Don't starve yourself the next day or over-exercise you'll risk hurting yourself.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    One day of overeating a few calories is not going to doom your weight loss. I promise. I tend to look at calorie totals over the entire week anyway. Try to eat a little under goal every day for the next few days or exercise a little more and you'll easily make up the difference.

Live and learn from this experience. The next time the mini pizza and baked beans are calling to you, remember how you feel today and that should make it easier to forego the temptation.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    so...you're at 1300 for the day?
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I went over my calorie goal yesterday around 800 calories more. That's not very often I do that but it is what it is. It happens. I'm human. So, what I did was started over today giving it my best. Can't change yesterday. Can only change today!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    What Chief_Rocka said...

If you don't have enough calories for dinner then, sure, do as you said and get some exercise in to burn the excess off. That should do it. There's no need to overexercise and only eat fruit tomorrow. The only effect this might have on your weigh in is the sodium levels in those foods. Drink a bunch of water and that'll be gone in a day or two.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I eat 500 more for dinner and I have met my goal for the day.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ... to the bathroom, especially after baked beans.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I was okay today. Probably consumed around 700 calories before I got tempted by a mini pizza and some baked beans then has another 600 or so all in one go. I needed some advice on where I go from here. Normally I would just eat more and be sad but I think I would rather work off those 600 calories, drink lots of water and go for a very long run in the morning. Along with lots of fruit tomorrow. Do you think that world work or am I doomed for my next weigh in?
    1) The day isn't over so watch your calories for the rest of it. Don't STARVE yourself but you'll probably want to avoid calorielicious foods for the remainder.
    2) Get in some exercise. Even if you don't work off all 600, you'll have a smaller overage and you'll feel better about having done it. And honestly, since MFP builds in a deficit of around 600 calories (assuming you're NOT doing the TDEE method) one day slightly over won't undo a week of at or under calories. I say this from experience...I've been over by more than 1000 calories on one day and still saw a loss if the rest of the week looked good.
    3) Eat a normal healthy day tomorrow. "Lots of fruit" sounds like a visit to Hangryville to me...
  • Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes I normally eat around 1200ish in a day because I go to school so I am sitting down for most of the day. When I get home I have piles of work to fit in any exercise. I suppose the only exercise I get is the walk to school and back. So 1200 calories is normally enough for me in a day but today I didn't eat much during the day and the I ate bad food all in one go...that's why it bothered me.

to chief_Rocka
  • Igotthatcake
    Options

sorry I couldn't quote you before...but here is my reply again:

Yes I normally eat around 1200ish in a day because I go to school so I am sitting down for most of the day. When I get home I have piles of work to fit in any exercise. I suppose the only exercise I get is the walk to school and back. So 1200 calories is normally enough for me in a day but today I didn't eat much during the day and the I ate bad food all in one go...that's why it bothered me.

to chief_Rocka
  • Igotthatcake
    Options
    1) The day isn't over so watch your calories for the rest of it. Don't STARVE yourself but you'll probably want to avoid calorielicious foods for the remainder.
    2) Get in some exercise. Even if you don't work off all 600, you'll have a smaller overage and you'll feel better about having done it. And honestly, since MFP builds in a deficit of around 600 calories (assuming you're NOT doing the TDEE method) one day slightly over won't undo a week of at or under calories. I say this from experience...I've been over by more than 1000 calories on one day and still saw a loss if the rest of the week looked good.
    3) Eat a normal healthy day tomorrow. "Lots of fruit" sounds like a visit to Hangryville to me...

Thankyou. That made me feel better. Just what I was looking for :)
  • Igotthatcake
    Options
    If I overeat what I typically do is either just put a little more oomph into my exercise. Not all at once in one day though! I try to burn a little more than I might typically do over the next couple workouts. Or I'll shave off some of my calories the next two or three days to make up for it. The main thing is don't fret because overeating every once in awhile will not ruin your progress. Don't starve yourself the next day or over-exercise you'll risk hurting yourself.

Thankyou. Another supportive comment hence why I put this in the support column :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So you try to eat 1200, then exercise, meaning you normally net below 1200?

If the answer to that is yes, you are not using MFP as designed and could possibly be undereating on a regular basis.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

sorry I couldn't quote you before...but here is my reply again:

to chief_Rocka

It's nothing to worry about. Eating big meals won't negatively effect your weight loss, it's the total calories that matter. Also, "bad" food won't hurt you either.

As far as being 100 calories over, you're still likely running a pretty large deficit. 100 calories is nothing.