Downfall foods

Options
Neliel
Neliel Posts: 507 Member
Hey there! This has probably already been done a thousand times but I was interested to know what foods you would consider your 'downfall foods'. What foods do you find hardest to say 'no' to?
My biggest one is chocolate. But I also find it hard to say no to a good takeaway too!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Try A very Dark chocolate 65% or higher and only eat a piece or 2. Plus dark chocolate is good for you
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Pizza, is absolutely 100% my downfall food. If I eat pizza I end up saying screw eating healthy and have 2 or 3 slices, but then I get hungrier throughout the day and I eat whatever I want. It's a love hate relationship I love to eat it but hate what happens when I do.
    Good Luck!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Oooh pizza. My boyfriend's mum makes the most gorgeous pizza in the world - I think i'd choose hers over takeaway pizza any day!
    To curb my chocolate cravings I have this low calorie hot chocolate called highlights and it's only 40 calories a cup!
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    I'm pretty good about saying no to sweets my down falls are soda and salty foods. I am really bad about eating out. Especially sushi which is high in sodium.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Chips...but if I have a couple of drinks..then everything is my downfall!! :)
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pizza, is absolutely 100% my downfall food. If I eat pizza I end up saying screw eating healthy and have 2 or 3 slices, but then I get hungrier throughout the day and I eat whatever I want. It's a love hate relationship I love to eat it but hate what happens when I do.
    Good Luck!

Pizza is my favourite food ever ever ever. I will never give it up, I just have to be very careful and plan on the days I am going to eat it. And I order/make a mini one that is just enough to satisfy me but means there aren't extra slices left over. Over the last year I've managed to wean myself off eating a whole domino's medium (8 slices!!) to myself once a week to only eating an individual (4 small slices, works out at 600-700 in total) about once a month. And I drink plenty of water and exercise on those days. Problem is when I'm at friend's houses and they order large ones....its soooo hard to resist just one more slice.....
  • spennato
    Options
    Well to make it even harder for me is my brother owns a pizza shop, and I work there 2 days a week, so those 2 days I always eat pizza..........and I always get home and say why did I eat pizza.
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well to make it even harder for me is my brother owns a pizza shop, and I work there 2 days a week, so those 2 days I always eat pizza..........and I always get home and say why did I eat pizza.

I am trying so hard to resist being jealous that you have easy access to pizza!!! On a serious note, that must be very difficult, so flipping well done you for losing 46lbs already and having such temptation so close at hand!:drinker:
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Chinese food always does it for me. I love those deep fried sweet and sour chicken balls but my gosh are they bad for you! They're a once, maybe twice a year treat if I have been really craving them.

Jelly beans are another. I can eat bags and bags without stopping which is just nuts!
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    Sweets, especially donuts. I work in a bakery and get to spend my whole shift smelling breads, cookies, cakes and pastries being baked. It's a battle everyday..... lol
  • spennato
    Options
    I usually get Curry Chicken with onions when I order Chinese food. It is a little spicy, and a little salty, but it does not have any breading or sugary delicious mystery sauce on it. Through a little google research I calculate I pint with white rice to be just under 700 calories.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Pizza, definitely! Will never ever give it up but working on portion control, less cheese and no meats except lean ham. Other than that will have to work it off! Also salty crunches anything, I can't buy wheat this or triscuits anymore, cannot control my portions. I dont have trouble with sweets, I eat one small square (65 calories) of intense dark chocolate with Orange several evenings a week. Its so strong and decadent I get full satisfaction from one small piece.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and nachos.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Ice cream and nachos.

MMMMmmmmmm.... nachos!!! I think I've convinced my mind they no longer exist!!!! :laugh:
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I usually get Curry Chicken with onions when I order Chinese food. It is a little spicy, and a little salty, but it does not have any breading or sugary delicious mystery sauce on it. Through a little google research I calculate I pint with white rice to be just under 700 calories.

Good tip, Thanks!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Anything that begins with the letters "Ch". I can't narrow it down' more than that, unfortunately.
  • katiewcurlz
    Options
    If I'm out on the town, I find it hard to resist more than one drink, especially when I'm with friends and we're just drinking, and not doing anything else. I also have a REALLY hard time with sugar, especially Diet coke and baked goods. Last week, I had a HORRIBLE headache (I don't get headaches ever), and when I looked at my sugar report on MFP, I had a definite drop off. I didn't specifically try to cut down my sugar and caffeine, but did it in an effort to eat and drink better things.

NOW - when I want sugar or caffeine, I think about that stupid headache and the "withdrawal" I experienced, and it's enough for me to say no! :)
  • mr_ashley
    Options
    I used to think that I had just a couple of downfall foods, but now I find that being at my house is probably my downfall. Well, that's not really true because I eat too much at work too!! :D

If I COULD narrow it down though, pizza is a no-no for me, as is anything by Cadbury. Their dairy milk chocolate hits my mouth and it's like crack cocaine I swear. I cannot stop.

Also like too many sweet drinks, such as Mountain Dew. I drink the diet almost exclusively, but occasionally do the wrong thing and buy the regular stuff!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Pasta is definitely mine. Once I get a bowl of spaghetti, I know it won't be the only bowl of spaghetti I eat that night. I will eat until I'm sick! I just can't have good pasta. :(
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    pizza and chocolate.

i'm in my workout clothes right now waiting to digest some lunch before working out. in front of me is a glass of water and a toblerone triangle i've been wanting to eat for the past two days, and out the window to the left of me is a pizza place and a convenience store.

i can substitute pizza for an english muffin with some salsa and some cheese but chocolate there is no substitution so it's really hard, i just HAVE to have some :(