Have you ever refused to give someone a ride?

Options
2»

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I haven't. But I did have a conversation with a coworker about her asking for rides from me on several occasions but never offering gas money. When I say several I mean more than 8 times. In fact she doesn't offer gas money to anyone.
    I let her know that I felt taken advantage of and that if she wants a ride, she will need to offer something other than her standard "oh I'm broke" response.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I don't drive because of my Epilepsy ;)
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not anyone I know. I was dropping a lady off at a bus stop and a stranger tried to get in my car. Um no....

I work afternoons, and finish at 10 pm. The last bus leaves about then and it's a 20 min walk to the stop. So pretty much, giving people rides is necessary. When I was without a car for a few weeks I always gave my ride petrol money. If I was giving someone a regular lift , I would expect help with petrol. I actually had to explain to someone when I was still a temp and they talked us out of hours that I needed. I mean I spend $50 to $ 70 a week getting to work.

I do agree that some people abuse the situation.
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    No, unfortunately, it's difficult to say no even when you don't feel like it. In the end though, doing something so small doesn't cost a lot.