Im new to this yall (:

Options
Hello, I am a 26 year old female from Mississippi. I am a full time dental hygiene college student. I am new here and still not sure how everything works. I decided to join to help keep track of what I eat on a daily basis. I tried Weight Watchers (on my own) last year and did pretty good but had a hard time staying motivated. My goal it to eat cleaner and do at least 30 min a day on the Zumba Wii game and I also plan to start the Insanity workouts as well. If anyone can relate to me and would like a friend, here I am (: Hope yall all have a good day!

Replies

• mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi

I didnt know there was a Zumba game! I might have to get that one! I've been using EA ACtive and love that. (Don't know why I've let it sit gathering dust for so long!) I've just joined too so happy to be a diet buddy
    Mandy
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome both of you! There are lots of folks on this site who do Zumba and lots who do Insanity - so you are in good company! If you haven't yet, you might do a search for those two exercises and find a forum to join to help keep you motivated! Every now and then a thread pops up on clean eating too, so you may want to search for that as well!

Good luck on your journey!
  • osooziq
    Options
    Hello fitness pals! I'm Susan and ready to get serious about my health and weight. A friend of mine told me about "myfitnesspal" and I hope to use it as a helpful tool in reaching my goal and also as a way to stay motivated and share information with others. Best of luck to everyone!
  • smacaulay
    smacaulay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site! would love to be your buddy!:wink:
  • Amanda42657
    Amanda42657 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments and advice! Does anyone know if there is an app for blackberry?
  • Amanda42657
    Options
    "I didnt know there was a Zumba game! I might have to get that one! I've been using EA ACtive and love that."

Yeah there is and it is tough, well at least for me it is. I have no rythm! I got it for Christmas and I love it so far. You wear a belt that comes with the game and the controller goes in the belt so the game reads your hip movements. You really have to move (: to get the points. I got mine at walmart but have seen them in game stores too.
  • Courtney_Ann
    Options
    Hi! I just got the Wii Zumba game for Christmas too! I am highly uncoordinated, but I am getting the hang of it. Mostly, I am having fun with it! The time flies for me when I am using it.

I have also used Weight Watchers in the past and I have gotten bored with it. I also felt like I wasn't a "clean" eater when i was using the program.

I am going to send you a friend request!
  • Novaemberraine
    Options
    an newbie as well. thought the food journal n calorie counter could be useful. been losing weight for 2 yrs. now,slowly. about 10 lbs. a yr. i'm lazy n dont really workout. need to change that this yr. need 15 more off n it won't happen just thru changes in what i eat anymore.
  • Mindy33325
    Options
    Hello and Happy New Year,

I'm Mindy (Melinda) from Ft. Lauderdale, FL and looking to have a new motivated self for 2011. I would enjoy a myfitnesspal buddy to support each other and perhaps even exercise with one another, really does make it go faster.

Wish everyone good luck this year in reaching your goals.
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda

I have no rythm or co-ordination either! I'm even rubbish at the dancing on wii. Terrible at aerobics too . Last time I went to a class (I can just about remember) I was so bad a kid waiting at the back cracked up laughing at me. I tried to hide at the back but you always end up at the front don't you. Will definately look up the Zumba "game"

Mandy x
  • loverofthedub
    Options
    Hello all!!!!

My name is Natasha and a friend from work told me about this site and I think it is great!!!! About 3 years ago I lost 70 lbs and went from a 250 to 180. It took a lot of work but I was more than dedicated to shedding the pounds. I vowed to never go back over the 200 limit and recently within the last 5-56 months i have gained 35 lbs and found myself very unhappy with my weight. I am hoping that i can lose 40-50 more pounds and become happy with my figure. I wish you all luck and look forward to post on the boards :D

Happy New Year!!!!
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda and everyone else who has posted. I too am new to this, I have reached a high in my weight and found myself very unhappy with my body and self. My biggest problem is being motivated, as its just me and my dog, who walks with me everyday and has gained a bit too much weight too. My best friend told me about this site, and she seems to be happy with it. I am always looking for more friends who want to be motivated and will help motivate me. If you'd like feel free to add me
  • momof26
    momof26 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this month too. I'm a Dental Assistant wanting to go to school to become a Hygienist. Good luck on your journey! So far, this site is pretty fun!
  • Amanda42657
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this month too. I'm a Dental Assistant wanting to go to school to become a Hygienist. Good luck on your journey! So far, this site is pretty fun!

I love the hygiene world so far, even though I am still in school. It is great tough but great. If you want to and can I say go for it! Its never too late there are several ladys in my class around my moms age. As far as I have been told and from what I gather from the news etc it is a good field and the pay is good too (: Im going to send you a friend request.