LADIES: I need a new facial moisturizer !

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
I LOVE/D proactiv's green tea moisturizer, and I've bought it on amazon before. But I'm looking for something more than one ounce, and maybe something tailored to my skin. I've been so desperate that I'm using vaseline spray n go :/. I'd LOVE something feather light and cooling as well.

oily
acne prone
sensitive skin

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I just use Aveeno daily moisterizer, but I don't put it across my nose or the cheek area under the eyes.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have Boots? I really like their No 7 protect and perfect serum - no breakouts since using it, couple of years now.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil. I know it sounds strange, but it works wonderfully. You can use it on your hair, too. It makes it shiny and soft. There are many videos on youtube about using coconut oil as a moisturizer. Not sure if this helps you. Hope you find something. :)

~Skye:flowerforyou:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have Boots? I really like their No 7 protect and perfect serum - no breakouts since using it, couple of years now.

We have Walgreens. CVS, and Right Aid
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Target has started carrying Boots No. 7 (I saw it the other night). I use Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer (4oz for about $15) and love it, it's the only thing I have been able to use that doesn't make my skin turn scarlet with irritation.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My goodness, there are sooooo many to choose from. Go to the Sephora website and fill out the questionnaire and they will recommend from there.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    cerave
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It's lightweight, oil-free, great for oily to acne-prone skin, and the majority of Clinique's products are really good for sensitive skin. I worked in cosmetics for roughly 14 years (I was a Counter Manager for Elizabeth Arden and Merle Norman. If in doubt, I sent them to Clinique. I'd rather my customers have something that would truly help them, than just make a dollar.
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil. I know it sounds strange, but it works wonderfully. You can use it on your hair, too. It makes it shiny and soft. There are many videos on youtube about using coconut oil as a moisturizer. Not sure if this helps you. Hope you find something. :)

I use Sweet Almond Oil....OMG its amazing!!!
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Sephora Flawless Moisturizing Lotion.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    I really love omorovicza.. why type of moisturiser do you want... its bit of a funny one do you got light for hot days or a slightly heavier winter? have you for oily combination or dry skin... I focus on rejuvenation to keep my skin fresh something with gentle but active enzymes

hmmz reread your post

Omorovicza - elemental emulsion is ultra light

for someone with acne prone skin try

Omorovicza - Balancing moisturiser
  • gneedsit
    Options
    Although not a lady- a lot of women I know sister, mother etc. use Kiss My Face products. They say it's the bomb.
  • mintsik
    mintsik Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    SkinLab Daily Moisturizer is working like a dream for me. I'm based in the UK and have to keep ordering it from the US, but it is so worth it.
  • pahky
    pahky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I switch it up between argan oil and coconut oil.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Another Aveeno user here. I try others but always come back to Aveeno.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It's lightweight, oil-free, great for oily to acne-prone skin, and the majority of Clinique's products are really good for sensitive skin. I worked in cosmetics for roughly 14 years (I was a Counter Manager for Elizabeth Arden and Merle Norman. If in doubt, I sent them to Clinique. I'd rather my customers have something that would truly help them, than just make a dollar.

^^ second for Clinique's Moisturizing Gel - the gel is for oily or oily-combination skin, acne prone skin. It's all I've been using for years now with the rest of the Clinique cleanser line up and I swear by it. Worth the investment as I only buy twice a year during free gift time, so get some new makeup too!! :love: Sometimes I still get breakouts during high stress times but this has really been a regimen I swear by, and just added the Olay facial brush too!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Origins - they have several that I love... Mega bright is really good and oil free.

Also - I use coconut oil also - not daily but 2-3 times a week at night.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Don't do this you'll get boils
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I usually use alba or dermae
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

this is not a smart rec for someone that has problem skin . coconut oil is very comedogenic and can destroy someones skin

OP if you try coconut oil make sure its organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil and you test it out on a small area of your skin - also use a VERY SMALL AMOUNT do not saturate your face so its dripping in oil

same goes for all other oils people suggest