Massive binge... Emotional beat up

Options
Do you know what I am talking about? The whole, I am so mad at myself, angry, frustrated, discouraged, etc.? I have been eating maintenance roughly for the month of September and beyond. For 45 days I have maintained my weight, actually exactly to the 0.2 with a few bumps in the road and a few days overrating, but today, I just ate and ate and ate. I felt hot and full and just uncomfortable, but I didn't stop... I am so bad... Worried about the damage, the weight gain, the caloric surplus.... Oh I am so mad at myself.

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You can't take it back, you can't negate it..really.

You CAN start over tomorrow, forgetting today happened. Or better yet, remember today as what not to do. Remember how crappy you feel. Remember WHY you ate so much.

Beating yourself up won't help you in the long run, all it'll do is make it harder to stay on track if you're an emotional binge eater..move on tomorrow.

Also, you probably will weigh a bit more tomorrow, even if it's just because of the sodium intake. Maybe stay off the scale for a few days.

Good luck
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pull your boot straps up, log it and move on.
  • JesseFiguried
    JesseFiguried Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This literally JUST happened to me this past weekend.

I started to have the first real case of the munchies in the entire 6 months I've been losing weight consistently. Somehow I couldn't stop an the MnM's never even saw it coming! Nor did the Chicken Fingers and ranch, or the Pepsi...or the candy, or the Sandwhich, or the giant Carrot Cake LOL. Or the potato chips or the cup cake! Ultimately I figure it was around 2,500 calories of completely crap that I consumed. Sooooo....this is what I decided to do (not that it's a good idea).

I decided that for Monday and Tuesday I would cut my normal calorie intake in half. I read that it takes around 3 days to lower your metabolism when eating low calories per day and as long as I broke it and increase by the 3rd day I should be fine. So that's what I did and Wednesday went up to 3/4ths of my normal calories. Thursday and today I ate normal but guess what....I actually LOSSED 2 Lbs this week!!!

Sometimes the body has funny ways of getting what it wants. If you are lacking some sort of vitamin or nutrient your body knows and will make you get it somehow. Maybe a multi-vitamin would help? Don't know.

But DON"T give up now. Don't kick yourself for it. There will be plenty of times that we all fail and cheat. Holiday season is coming up and trust me, everyone cheats to an extent with that wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. BUT it's what you do for the long run that makes the difference. What's a day or two of bad eating compared to months and months of progress? Ultimately, very little to nothing. So don't sweat the small stuff, just keep moving forward and tackle the really big stuff! Good Luck.