Counting working in childcare

bpayne78
bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok. I just changed my activity level to sedentary because quite a bit of my day (at least in the morning & evening) I'm resting because of my muscle disorder that I'm fighting. I do work at the extended school care at my son's school with the preschoolers (3,4 and some 5 yr olds) from 2:15 until about 6:00 (or when they all go home). My question is this......since I just set my activity as sedentary, how would you count those few hours I'm at work? I definitely don't sit down very often, but when I do it's to play a game, read a book, color a picture....so it wouldn't be considered strenuous but I'm not sitting there doing nothing either. What would you all do?

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Wear a pedometer. That way you can track how many steps you take and then add it in here as "walking, moderate pace" and figure about 15 minutes per 2000 steps, which is a mile. That should give you at least something!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Wear a pedometer. That way you can track how many steps you take and then add it in here as "walking, moderate pace" and figure about 15 minutes per 2000 steps, which is a mile. That should give you at least something!

That would be an idea....if I had a pedometer....I may have to invest in one.....thanks for the idea.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    They should be pretty cheap. Just go to any sporting goods store, or many places give them away free as promotional items so you could google that or something.
This discussion has been closed.