This is the year!!!!

Options
I am sure that many of you have my same story. You have tried before, found some success, but fallen off your plan and ended up right back where you started. That is my story. Last year a friend and I decided to help each other lose 15 pounds between Jan 1 and May 1- before our kickball season started. We both succeeded, so we said that we would do another 15 pounds. Neither of us succeeded. Today, I am right back where I was last year, but with an additional 3 pounds.

So I am starting fresh and clean. Clearly I know I can do it, I just need to be disciplined and diligent. I am tired of being disappointed in MYSELF, so I am going to stop. I will accept that there are going to be good days and bad days, that I will have success and failures, but as long as I keep going I will get there. Am I setting lofty goals or end goals? Not yet. For now, I just want to lose 5 pounds this month - which should be manageable between water weight and the kick off of exercise/diet. After that, 1-2 pounds per week and we will just see where that takes me.

Who is with me? Who else is tired of being tired? Sick of being sick? And done with being angry and disappointed at yourself? Join me in my quest! My quest to forgive myself, be happier overall, and get healthier- mentally, emotionally, and physically- through the process!!!

Mallorie

Replies

• rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    I hear you. I too have been on the same vicious cycle. But it stops NOW!!!!!!!!!!! This site is great and with alot of great support. Feel free to add me. Liliane
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i lost almost 20 pounds last fall....and gained almost all of it back thanks to the stress of some issues me and the hubby had...so here i am again counting down the months to july when we go to the cabin for a week again...i am sick of being fat, sick of hating the way i look...and always wondering why my hubby loves me even though i look like this. this is my year...i WILL lose this weight and be happy. best of luck to you :)

feel free to add me as a friend if u like :)
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    That has been, and continues to be, a difficult challenge for me. I tend to wrap my sense of worth into my appearance and as such have never felt that anyone would want to be with me. I am slowly breaking that mindset and truly trynig to start from the inside out.

The first step in MFP? LOG LOG LOG! Even on the days where I go over by 1000 calories, I need to log and see what I'm doing. It really does work.