What is your goal prize?

Options

Replies

• LindaMc6262
    LindaMc6262 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A nice leather jacket. Something I would not want to "outgrow"!
  • oakfred
    oakfred Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    we have a vacation at a clothing optional resort in Jamaica in july of 2015. i have about 30lbs to drop before then. we always wanted to vacation co but wieght issues has kept us from doing what we really wanted to do.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My reward for reaching a new goal, is always to set a new goal :)

I love this!!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    It's silly but I made a bet with my husband that once I get under 200 he will carry me in his arms through the gym doors. We have switched gyms meanwhile but still I'm looking forward to it!
    He is strong enough because he used to lift me when I was 250 lb :))
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm going to track down my soon to be ex husband and make him regret the choices he made ;-)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    What an appropriate topic because today I reached my goal weight after two years of trying. I don't plan on doing anything different. In fact today will go on as usual. I'll log my calories. I'll go to the gym. I'll hang with my family. Nothing special.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    What an appropriate topic because today I reached my goal weight after two years of trying. I don't plan on doing anything different. In fact today will go on as usual. I'll log my calories. I'll go to the gym. I'll hang with my family. Nothing special.

Congratulations!
  • balochnaina
    Options
    My mommy will buy me a new mobile whrn i will reach my goal. Its exciting working for prize :D
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, my reward is a healthier life full of energy. I am not 12 and I do not depend on external rewards to motivate me. Even worse is being an adult and depending on other people to give me things.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Congratulations!

As for me - I plan on maybe getting a few professional pics snapped of me (maybe not at GW/but at the point I feel really good). I seem to naturally terrify the camera. And it'd be nice to have at least one or two pics I can look back on in years to come and actually like.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, my reward is a healthier life full of energy. I am not 12 and I do not depend on external rewards to motivate me. Even worse is being an adult and depending on other people to give me things.

She didn't ask what the reward was - obviously we're here to get fitter! But, some people (like me) have created bonus rewards for ourselves. Those rewards do not become our reason, goal or motivation. They are fun things to look forward to after we've reached our main goal (lose weight, have more energy, get fitter). Obviously getting healthy is the best reward, but there's nothing wrong with having other goals, prizes or fun little rewards, too. They aren't mutually exclusive :smile:
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've met 2 mini goals and have not rewarded myself but after seeing this board I think I'm going to go pick up another few pairs of good walking boots for the winter! Ultimate goal prize is in my ticker, hopefully the ability to do things I haven't done before, mainly, swim!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know it seems silly but I will have a pair of new Lucky Brand jeans that are not the largest size in the store. I currently have 2 pair that I found at a local consignment store.

Non-materialistic reward is being able to look in the mirror and know that I worked hard to reach the goal. Looking and feeling better. Not feeling like I need to hide bumps and bulges. Not hiding from the camera...the list goes on and on.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

She didn't ask what the reward was - obviously we're here to get fitter! But, some people (like me) have created bonus rewards for ourselves. Those rewards do not become our reason, goal or motivation. They are fun things to look forward to after we've reached our main goal (lose weight, have more energy, get fitter). Obviously getting healthy is the best reward, but there's nothing wrong with having other goals, prizes or fun little rewards, too. They aren't mutually exclusive :smile:

^^I agree with this.

I've set myself 'mini goals' the whole way through this process. Whether it's been to hit the next 7lb loss, drop from an obese BMI, walk 5K, fit into old clothing. I don't think there is anything wrong with a little added personal motivation whatever form that comes in. In my case the photograph thing is possibly silly. But as I'm also not 12yrs old, and more than capable of paying for a couple of photos being taken of me if I so wish. My general feeling is if it pleases me then so be it. I didn't set out to lose weight or improve my fitness for anyone else. So whatever my end 'goal' happens to be is exclusively for me too.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I agree that each person should find their own motivation. I think I am particularly aware of the danger of elaborate systems of external rewards because I teach 12-year-olds. Far too many of them are already addicted to the "what will you give me to do that" mentality. I had a student last week who asked me if I would give him extra credit if he laid out everyone's notebooks!

Add to that my belief that I am a worthy person regardless. Since I am an employed adult, if I want new earrings or a book or whatever, I will buy it for myself if I can afford it. I have tried very hard to give up the mentality of feeling that I deserve or don't deserve those things. I am also sensitive to women depending on men to give them rewards, i.e. "my husband will buy me. . . "
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Mine was a New tattoo when I lost 100lbs
  • paulasews
    Options
    I am gradually compiling a list of things that I haven't been able to do because of my weight. Once I hit a healthy weight I'm going to start working my way through them :) can't wait. Things like going to a theme park and riding every ride I want to. For at least a decade now I have pretended I don't like rides but secretly I love them!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    I agree that each person should find their own motivation. I think I am particularly aware of the danger of elaborate systems of external rewards because I teach 12-year-olds. Far too many of them are already addicted to the "what will you give me to do that" mentality. I had a student last week who asked me if I would give him extra credit if he laid out everyone's notebooks!

Add to that my belief that I am a worthy person regardless. Since I am an employed adult, if I want new earrings or a book or whatever, I will buy it for myself if I can afford it. I have tried very hard to give up the mentality of feeling that I deserve or don't deserve those things. I am also sensitive to women depending on men to give them rewards, i.e. "my husband will buy me. . . "

I do agree that having *only* an external motivator isn't mentally healthy, and I also think it sets some people up for failure.

If I need something, I'll buy it. But, I've never gotten a tattoo before (mostly just because I'm chicken). I feel like if I'm brave enough to quit smoking (almost a year!), start the non-profit I've always wanted to start (6 months!) and lose this weight, then I'm certainly brave enough for this. It's kind of like a journey of self esteem for me honestly - and a journey of proving that I can literally do anything I set my mind to. So the tattoo is like my cherry on top - if that makes sense.

Sorry for the long response.
  • BlackBeltInTraining
    Options
    For me personally I'm already looking to reward myself now with a smaller prize of some newer clothes. After losing ten pounds my pants are a size too big and starting to fall off. I think clothing is more of a practical prize if anything, though. I would honestly choose something that relates to YOU. I'm still so far away from my long term goal so I have smaller goals along the way. They'll probably be clothes until I reach that big final goal weight of 130
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options

wooo hooo congratulations!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!