Becoming Sober Group

Options
_SantaClause
_SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23586-becoming-sober

I posted this in the motivation/support forum but I wanted to get it over here too.

This is a group for anyone that is becoming sober, looking to become sober, or if you have someone who needs to become sober in your life.

It's not terribly active right now, but I am working on it. I think it's something the MFP community needs.

Replies

• Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    Bumping because I think it's an awesome group and I'm proud of you for trying to help others. ♡
  • jojokmack
    Options
    I am 6 years (6th June) sober after many, many times falling off the wagon (approx. 10 times in rehab)....I am here for support for anyone who is serious about being sober. xxx
  • ItsKacky
    ItsKacky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well then I'll be one of the first to post here. i am extremely serious about being sober. I am 61 years old, and I just celebrated ONE YEAR
  • ItsKacky
    ItsKacky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i am extremely serious about being sober. I am 61 years old, and I just celebrated ONE YEARof sobriety. i was a daily drinker by the time I was 50. I wasn't done with my post I just did and for some reason it closed, then posted. I, too, "fell off the wagon" many times...off and on for 30+ years. FINALLY I was DONE, and i know I'll never go back. Getting/staying healthy for life is my one priority. I used to drink and stay in my house, and i got up to almost 190 lb. Now i'm around 170 and I want to lose at least 40 more. I know it will be slow, as it took many years of really bad habits of over-eating and over-drinking to get this way. I'm taking the weight loss easy--Just 1 pound per week..oh and did i mention that I'm recovering from a brain injury caused by the hospital E.R.'s ERROR, in January 2013??? I was given my last rights, then when i lived they said I'd never walk or talk again. I'm here to say NEVER SAY NEVER. I now am taking various exercise classes , including ZUMBA GOLD, at the senior center. It's a great workout and I end up so drenched in sweat that it looks like I just stepped out of the shower. i just decided to copy and paste this post to my daily diary blog, so all my MFP friends there will know this about me..here goes!!! (I call this "coming out"--hahahaha) So glad I found this site!!
  • mrs_kalee_thompson
    mrs_kalee_thompson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 136 days sober and I feel amazing. For the first time since I began drinking at 17, I love myself.
  • PixTheCupCakeDestroyer
    Options
    I'm 16 days sober, it's not been an easy detox but I'm dealing.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    This is a fun and games thread. Are you sure you picked the right option? If you had an actual group I'd be interested. Add me when you do, or message me.
  • asgerdur1994
    Options
    I tell people I've been sober since January but actually thats a lie.... but honestly I've been sober for almost a month (drugs) and it gets easier every day :D
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I haven't touched drugs in 11 years. Love beer though, more than I should.