Intermittent Fastings VS Calorie Goal

Options
So I just got back to logging my food again and keeping track of calorie intake, and I decided to try IF at the same time. I gave myself an 8 hour feeding window and I still could not manage to eat over 1000
My BMR is supposedly 1474

Am I at risk of anything eating below my BMR? do I lose more than fat this way?

Should I quit IF and eat more throughout the day?

In a previous post I mentioned my goal is to lose mostly fat (I am at 29% BF) and some LBM (53 kg currently)
My ultimate goal is to be ~20% BF and weigh 64kg (27 BMI) or below for my surgeon to agree on skin removal surgery
I'm 5'1 btw

Looking for advise given the information above

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    A deficit is a deficit, it doesn't matter when you eat. If you are only able to eat 1000 calories in a 8 hour feeding window then I would say IF doesn't work well for you. While eating 1000 calories won't kill you, nor will it stop you from losing weight, there are MANY negative side effects from eating such few calories a day. I would stop doing IF and just stick to an eating schedule that allowed you to hit a more reasonable caloric deficit each day.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I do IF but I can happily sit down and eat 2000 calories in an 8 hour window easily. I would def drop IF in your situation though.