So, How many calories did you actually put away?

Options
On a daily basis at your worst, how many calories were you eating a day? I did some adding and on my most gluttonous days I put away around 9000. Wow!

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No clue. Wasn't counting. A lot more than now! Mostly carbs.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Same here....I never tracked before but it was obviously WAY too much =D
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I wasn't tracking so I don't know a total. I used to indulge in a giant Lindt bar as a *snack*. Out of curiousity I looked at the calories and if memory serves, the entire bar was between 1500-2000 calories. I used to do that several times per week. A fall favourite of mine is a plum cake that's become yearly *treat* I look forward to. Again, I looked up the calories last year out of curiousity as it was typical for me to eat several of these per week at one sitting. 1000-1500 calories depending on size. Whole pizzas at one sitting wasn't uncommon either.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I honestly never gave it any thought. When I think back what I used to eat I am ashamed and embarrassed I got as big as I did. I bet i was eating thousands. I had a stressful 11 years where food was a comfort. Now when I need comfort I cuddle my dog. She is calorie free.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Approx 3500. I have reduced that by a whopping 65%. :) over 13 months time.
    I used to "live to cook/eat/entertain". Comes from my background of being in the hospitality business for decades.
    Being in my mid 50's can't believe I am almost at my mid 30's weight again.
  • Undead_ichi
    Options
    yeah mine is about 7-8000 mainly sugary drinks and crisps/sweets
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I'd order Chili's to Go and binge. Here was the meal:

Buffalo Chicken Ranch Sandwich with Fries
    Calories 1,220

Boneless Buffalo Wings
    Calories 1,050

Ranch Dressing
    Calories 170

Total Calories: 2440

Keep in mind this was just dinner. I would also eat breakfast and lunch. :(

I always used to feel a little sick after eating all that. I guess I know why!
  • richardfrancis1978
    Options
    Have no idea how many calories I put away before I started losing weight, but coincidentally earlier today out of curiosity I worked out the calories in the omelette I would make myself once sometimes twice a week. It had 838 calories 65g fat and 31g saturated fat, (my daily goal for fat now is 59g fat and 20g saturated fat) and if I had it with smoked sausage as well which I quite often would do that takes it to 1,148 calories 98g fat and 44g saturated fat. I felt pretty sick when I saw that.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    psh 9000 probably not...

you weren't weighing and just guessing...so I bet it's about half that...

depending on what I was eating/drinking it could vary...

Just food..probably 4k max...if I was drinking...easily 5-6k...beer you know has lots of calories....
  • dwljazzman
    dwljazzman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    On a bad day I would eat about 5,000 calories. I loved to eat In-N_out burger and drink Mt. dew and Ice cream was always a after dinner treat. Breakfast would be pancakes, bacon, eggs and orange juice and lunch maybe a foot long from subway or Wendy's fast food.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Oh man I have no idea. But I got to be over 400 lbs so it was a lot I'm sure. My usual day went like this

1) Sleep til 2pm
    2) Go to work at 4, stop by 7-11 to get snacks before work (chocolate milk, candy, taquitos, jerky, cheese danish)
    3) Work from 4:30 to 1am, eating while working (I used to work at a bar so ate lots of wings, fries, 2000-cal mac and cheese, LOTS of pepsi and free virgin coladas and smoothies)
    4) Meet coworkers at the neighboring bar around 1am, shots shots shots and chasers til 2:30-ish
    5) Stop at 7-11 on the way home from work for more chocolate milk, candy, taquitos, jerky, danishes
    6) Smoke a little if I didn't feel inebriated enough from the alcohol. Get the munchies, eat all my snacks and then some.
    7) Pass out, wake up, repeat

Oh how things have changed haha.
  • AceCC86
    Options
    I just logged what would have been a typical day for me 7 months ago. I was easily eating 4,000 to 5,000 a day, with sodium through the roof. I can't believe it. Thank goodness I made the change when I did.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I did a quick calculation of about how much I used to eat. anywhere from 3k to 7k a day. ( depending on if I had tim hortons breakfast meal with mc donald meal and chips and dip and coke at night all in the same day!!! ) I'm under 5 feet! no wonder I was putting on weight. it was really no surprise!

Now I eat 1200 to 1500 a day (clean eating) and feel fuller than I ever did back then!
  • hookshot88
    Options
    I used to eat those giant 900 calorie Cadbury bars in one sitting as a snack.

It worked when I was still in high school, but sadly when I hit adulthood it started having negative effects of my weight.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to even know.
  • chubbynow
    Options
    When I first started logging my food, I discovered that I was only eating about 600 calories a day. This explained why I could NEVER lose any weight.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am sure that "at their worst", anyone was giving mind to counting calories.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the numerical equivalents to a "buttload" or a "crapton" would be...but yeah, that's how much :)
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Starbucks, and would be able to get a free drink before my shift, on my "lunch" break, and after I'd leave. I used to not have A/C in my car, so as I made my 30 minute daily commute back home, I'd down a venti java chip frappucino, with white mocha instead of dark, and caramel all over the cup. Plus the drizzles and whip. Yes, a delicious coffee, cookies & creme drink but lord knows how many I downed in the summer of 2012!!! There was a time where I knew I was the largest barista among my staff but I didn't give it too much thought. I was all about instant gratification and allowing food to make me feel good. A lot of emotional eating to make up for unsolved personal issues.

Fast forward. Then with soda, I'd drink anything from 2-4 easily every day from the past year. Fast food for many meals. Whatever I was craving, I'd just fit it in to have it. I'd say, before I changed my lifestyle habits, 2500+ a day...

God, gross. I now aim for 1600 a day. Some days, I go around 1200 to 1400. It all depends! Thank God we all are starting over!
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    my TDEE was 2200 ish and my rate of weight gain was a pound a month or so, and i was sedentary at home but i walk everywhere and dont drive so when i did go out i out i put in around 7000-10,000 steps a day... so... (mathing here) if i went out 4 times and burned 250 calories a day witha tdee of 2200... (and i am estimating here... on the math problem too) and i gained a pound a month....

ok... i mathed and came up with around 2500 a day.

which actually isnt that bad so i feel like i am being generous. i know on bad days i was probably eating more like 3000 but not every day. based on my activity level and rate of gain though, thats about what i came up with. then again i am bad at math