Thinking of taking a logging break...

Options
ok - after 139 days in a row of faithful logging - here's what's going through my head...
I am leaving on vacation October 7th - going to leave the Fitbit (which I just got last week) at home - and am not going to try to log my food... I'm on vacation - I will try to be careful but also don't want to spend any of my vacation time counting calories... Plan on being aware of what I eat and try to stay as low carb as I can (as I have been for the last year and a half as my tummy is much happier this way)...
then I'm thinking - well maybe I should practice not counting while still at home as of October 1st - while still around a scale - to see if I can maintain or even lose a bit without counting (I mean I did lose the first 40 or so calories without counting - I didn't even know about MFP...)
and then last but not least I figure - well if I'm going to stop logging October 1st - why not stop tomorrow???

All this to say - I probably am going to give not logging a try - will probably still login in and check on how everyone is doing - but I want to see if I can do this...
Has anyone else gone through logging burnout? or just willingly wanted to stop before vacation??

I met and surpassed my 50 lb weight loss goal - decided I'd try for 10 more... have lost 5 of those but also figure I'll probably have some post cruise to lose... My new goal is 165 by December 31st...
I honestly never thought I'd become "that woman" who is counting and weighing and logging every single thing she eats... Honestly it is very time consuming and I want to be able to maintain without having to log everything.

Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback especially if you've successfully stopped and maintained or kept losing...
Thanks
Diane

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I never log on vacation. I try to enjoy myself within reason and without guilt.

My best advice is to start logging the day after you get home, and wait a week to weigh in to let the water weight disburse.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane. You being almost at goal are probably ok to not log for a bit. Enjoy your vacation. When you weigh in when you return you can grt back into it until you reach your final goal. Give it a go. You always have your diary to fall back on if you need it.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Give it shot and enjoy it. You can always log when you get back. Congrats on your current success, BTW.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,314 Member
    Options
    Diane,
    I didn't log on my recent 2 week vacation but that was mostly due to lack of access. I did keep paper notes and entered everything as best as I could when I returned knowing that several restaurant items wouldn't be in the database. That was "okay". I just broke them down as accurately as possible. I also tried to stick to what I knew were good combinations for me and I came home 2 lbs lighter so it can be done! I did try to get in some exercise as my schedule allowed, too. Ultimately I viewed the vacation as a test and I was pleased with my results. I did indulge here and there but being diabetic I had to watch myself closely. I am willing to do that to stay off the meds and be healthier so that was a no-brainer for me but that is also a very mindful choice I have made. You will do fine I have no doubt because just look at how far you have come to date!
    Zooty :flowerforyou:
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Have you considered wearing your fitbit just to have a general idea of your activity level? It should be easy to schedule in a little extra walking while on vacation. It would serve as a little bit of accountability without actually logging.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I was on a monthlong vacay. There was no scale and I didn't log.
    I returned and I gained 2 pounds which was gone in 2 days. I haven't logged since and I have maintained.
  • tgifemale
    tgifemale Posts: 2,279 Member
    Options
    You'll be very aware of what you eat probably for the rest of your life thanks to MFP whether you log or not. I know I will. I know how much exercise is required for my combination to lose weight. Bottom line, this is a good thing. :glasses:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm curently on a logging break. It's been about a month and I've actually lost a pound and a half. Personally I believe a vacation should be a break from everything. Logging/exercise included. Just relax and have fun!
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses!