Is this normal? increased cals, bloat etc.

Options
I have always been active and just started tracking my activity and calories and naturally was eating about 1400-1700 calories a day and working out for about an hour 6 days a week, cardio/ strength and yoga. I just started teaching bootcamp and strength classes and have been eating more and increased my calories but feel bloated and measured myself and my measurements have gone up an inch since i started teaching about 4-5 weeks ago... Confused!! I Also feel less defined and bloated all the time eating more. SOS. I'm 5'8 and have been around 125-130 lbs since my teens, Im 23 now.

Thanks!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring your food? Can you open your diary. Are you retaining water?
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You just started a new work out regime....you're probably just retaining some water from that or having minimal hormonal water retention. If you've only gained a pound or two I wouldn't be concerned at all. Its just an adjustment to the new workout and more food, probably something you wouldn't even notice if you weren't very carefully tracking and measuring yourself.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You've been undereating for ages for a long time then. That's probably the reason for your bloating.

You don't tell us how much you weigh. How can anyone help you.

Chances are the increase is just water. When you eat more , often its more carbs. Carbs necessarily involves an increase in water weight.