Lost weight everywhere but my stomach... help?

Options
I've lost 35lbs over a period of 6mos, mostly by diet alone. everything in me has shrunk but I just can't lose my stomach fat... there's a bunch of exercises for the stomach...but those are all toning...I need fat loss. help!?
& if it helps... im 21, 5'3", two kids (one by c-section 2yrs ago). I started at 167lbs & I'm now 132... still planning on losing another 13lbs.

Replies

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't pick where you want to lose fat. Your body gets rid of it where it wants to, and the torso is typically the last place ANY body wants to lost weight. It wants to keep that extra fat around to keep all those precious vital organs warm and cozy. As you lose that last 13 pounds, some of that will go away. Look into lifting (not just ab exercises, but all over strength) as that will help with a leaner look. You won't get bulky, you'll replace fat with lean muscle, making you smaller at the same weight. Search the threads for body recomp- there are some truly amazing examples of women here who have done just that.