Run Keeper iPhone app. WOW

gaila88
gaila88 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm trying to get into the exercise habit again and need lots of motivation to keep me going. So I decided to try the Run Keeper App which I was a little dubious about with it being called 'Run keeper' as running isn't my thing at all. but it was free so I decided to give it a go.
Have to say I have just used it for the first time while walking the dogs setting it to GPS tracker which was amazingly motivating. It talks to you every so often and tells you how you far you have gone and at what speed. That in itself made me work harder!
Once finished it gives you a summary including calories and ave speed per mile etc. I will probably use it mainly for walking but you can set it to lots of other activities including cycling, gym equipment, swimming( of course you don't actually take it in the pool with you!), snowboarding etc.
There is a main website which updates from the App and also links to Twitter & Facebook so you can invite friends to join you.
If you like gadgets and need motivation, Run Keeper and this website is all you need.
This discussion has been closed.