Would appreciate some advice please......off topic

Options
So I recently got engaged in Febuary, and I'm really happy. I just want to show my fiance that I really really love him and care for him. How would you show/prove to your significant other how much you love them?? Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone :smile:

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    So I recently got engaged in Febuary, and I'm really happy. I just want to show my fiance that I really really love him and care for him. How would you show/prove to your significant other how much you love them?? Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone :smile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I've always done little things for him that he won't do for himself. Like pick up a new pair of boxers or get him his favorite snacks without him having to ask. :smile:

His favorite thing is when I leave him little notes. I tend to leave before he does, so I'll put a sticky note on his wallet or where he'll see it. He loves the little smiley faces and simple "I :heart: U!"

Generally, it's the small things they remember. And things they know they don't have to pay back with other actions. Takes the pressure off and allows them to bask in the lovin'!

Enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Congrats!!! :drinker:

I'd say agreeing to be theirs for the rest of your life is a good way to show you love them. :wink:
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Awww! :heart: :heart: Congratulations! Love is so amazing! There are so many neat things you can do to show him you adore him, but one that really worked for me recently: I cooked my boyfriend his favorite dinner, lit some candles, and played a few slow songs that we both loved from "back in the day!" :blushing: He appreciated that I spent time to make him comfortable and put thought into what I'd done for him! We ended up doing a few wonderful activities all night long...:devil: Here's hoping that the two of you enjoy a lifetime of love, laughter and wonderful times!!!:drinker:
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Awww! :heart: :heart: Congratulations! Love is so amazing! There are so many neat things you can do to show him you adore him, but one that really worked for me recently: I cooked my boyfriend his favorite dinner, lit some candles, and played a few slow songs that we both loved from "back in the day!" :blushing: He appreciated that I spent time to make him comfortable and put thought into what I'd done for him! We ended up doing a few wonderful activities all night long...:devil: Here's hoping that the two of you enjoy a lifetime of love, laughter and wonderful times!!!:drinker:
  • fordftw24
    fordftw24 Posts: 1
    Options
    i have experienced that megan8403 is right and little notes to your hubby work best! :) best of luck to you
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    Congrats!!

I've always done little things for him that he won't do for himself. Like pick up a new pair of boxers or get him his favorite snacks without him having to ask. :smile:

His favorite thing is when I leave him little notes. I tend to leave before he does, so I'll put a sticky note on his wallet or where he'll see it. He loves the little smiley faces and simple "I :heart: U!"

Generally, it's the small things they remember. And things they know they don't have to pay back with other actions. Takes the pressure off and allows them to bask in the lovin'!

Enjoy :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the advice, i'll try the note thing, and I'll cook him a nice meal next week. I'll get some candles and wine :love:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been married for 28 years:noway: I remember the days with romance :bigsmile: and all the little things I have done for him through the years( he admits that he is spoiled). Everybody is different but I think the best thing to do for your :heart: is listen, we can learn a lot from that. What you might find romantic might not be his style LOL talking from experience here... Oh and one other thing, love is an action word there will come a time when the pink glasses come off and you will see that he has faults:laugh: but stick with it, take actions and if your blessed enough he will tell you after almost 30 years that he wouldn't trade you in for anybody ( not ever Helen Hunt:bigsmile: )
    I wish you showers of blessings:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :heart: Enjoy every minute, and remember when he makes you mad, to take a deep breath and think of little things that he does for you or that made you fall in love with him. It's so easy to get bored with one another. or irritated! And the first year is the hardest if you don't live together already.

O! Off topic, but if you're taking his name, there is a site missnowmrs.com that charges $29.95 to print out all the forms you need....in the end, most of those forms are unneeded. If you need the list of things, just let me know. I just got married a little over a month ago, so it's all still fresh in my mind!

:flowerforyou:
    M
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    If you want to show your fiance that you really love him do this:

Slap him on the *kitten* and serve him dinner. Men like that. Open his beer for him too before serving it to him. :flowerforyou:
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    If you want to show your fiance that you really love him do this:

Slap him on the *kitten* and serve him dinner. Men like that. Open his beer for him too before serving it to him. :flowerforyou:

Yea I always open his beer for him, men are lazy sometimes so I know he appreciates it, as long as he has a open beer in his hand he's happy :laugh:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Do something out of the ordinary. Pick him up for lunch and go for ice cream.
    Try something he likes to do, go to a game, try poker (only if it doesn't invde his guy time). Maybe plan a guys night at your place, prep the food, buy the beer set out the cards and tell him you'll be home for a little fore play after they play.
    Full body massage works every time. Do all the work and let him just 'be there'
    Show you appreciate his interests because they are what makes him the man you love.

I tell you, I would do any/all of these and more without a second thought, now tell me why I'm single. That's the big question. lol!
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    Try something he likes to do, go to a game, try poker (only if it doesn't invde his guy time). Maybe plan a guys night at your place, prep the food, buy the beer set out the cards and tell him you'll be home for a little fore play after they play.
    Show you appreciate his interests because they are what makes him the man you love.

I tell you, I would do any/all of these and more without a second thought, now tell me why I'm single. That's the big question. lol!

Those are great ideas, thankyou

And as for why your single... you just havn't found mr.right yet, don't worry he will come along and it will be well worth the wait
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options

Those are great ideas, thankyou

And as for why your single... you just havn't found mr.right yet, don't worry he will come along and it will be well worth the wait

lol! Thanks, oh and will he be a lucky, lucky man! Congratulations on finding yours. I'm a wedding planner so I love hearing all the great love stories. He is a fortunate man to have you.