Legs Are Feverish?

Scorpiomom222
Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I ran a good long run that I wasn't used to yesterday, and today I'm shaky and so so sore, but most of all, my legs are shaky, weak and feverish. Why would they be feverish if I didn't seem to have a fever?

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    It's just added blood flow to repair and rebuild the muscles you worked so hard yesterday. I'd recommend taking the intensity down a bit and slowly progressing up to those longer runs.
  • it's your muscles, and tendons recovering, and repairing themselves, eat healthy, give them a stretch or 5 for about 5 min at a time. and you should be good as new by tonight, tomorrow at the latest....
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Oh no! I was afriad today wouldn't be so good when I saw your post yesterday. "They" (still not sure who they are) say that you should only increase milage by 10% at a time to avoid injury. I'm sure everything will be fine in a few days, but maybe "they" are right. It would suck to blow a knee or damage a tendon when you're doing so well!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Oh no! I was afriad today wouldn't be so good when I saw your post yesterday. "They" (still not sure who they are) say that you should only increase milage by 10% at a time to avoid injury. I'm sure everything will be fine in a few days, but maybe "they" are right. It would suck to blow a knee or damage a tendon when you're doing so well!

I think "they" were right too. And that's what I was thinking this morning when I was hobbling down the stairs. My whole ankle is on fire as well, and my right knee hurts. I'm going to be icing my ankle, using ibuprofen, and taking a few baths today as well as doing light stretches. Everything is so tight right now, that I don't want to over stretch a muscle and pull it.
  • Scorpiomom222
    So since my muscles are repairing themselves, I should be eating plenty of protein today as well, right?
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    I can definitely attest to the 10% rule. I pushed hard to jump from a 5K to a 10K in 2 weeks so I could send in a time to Disney and not have to deal with standing in line to get my corral changed. And I paid for it with IT Band flares to the point I couldn't even run across the finish line. I walked.

I've stuck to the 10% rule since and been fine.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    poor muscles... :frown:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    So since my muscles are repairing themselves, I should be eating plenty of protein today as well, right?

Yep. 1 to 1.5 grams per kilogram of body weight.
  • Scorpiomom222

Yep. 1 to 1.5 grams per kilogram of body weight.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.