Getting started - losing weight for my wedding!

Options
Hi everybody! My name is Debbie and I'm 32 and losing weight for my wedding. Had my "last supper" yesterday (LOL) and I am ready to start eating right and exercising. Actually managed to get up early this morning and start (a big deal for me). My goal is to lose 35 lbs by July for my wedding. The dress fits, but I would like to feel more comfortable in it. Really looking forward to making friends here, offering and getting support and finally gaining a healthy lifestyle. Friend me!

Replies

• OliveCulona
    Options
    WELCOME!

I started this site a year ago... and had lost 31 lbs but gained back a few during the holidays... next week my Wedding will be 3 months away! I am aiming to drop a few more lbs but want to do it the right way. It sounds like you are off to a great start... Day 1-7 are the hardest... keep it up and don't lose sight of the goal! :)
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, would be happy to add you and help each other out. Congrats on your upcoming wedding....how exciting!:)
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is Debbie and I'm 32 and losing weight for my wedding. Had my "last supper" yesterday (LOL) and I am ready to start eating right and exercising. Actually managed to get up early this morning and start (a big deal for me). My goal is to lose 35 lbs by July for my wedding. The dress fits, but I would like to feel more comfortable in it. Really looking forward to making friends here, offering and getting support and finally gaining a healthy lifestyle. Friend me!

You can do it! I sent you a friend request!!
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    good luck! i started losing weight january 2009 before my wedding in july 2009 and lost atleast 40 lbs so you can do it!! and congrats!
  • mwhirt
    mwhirt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I am just getting started as well and I am looking to lose 55 lbs for the same reason, but my wedding is not until 7/7/12. I am also hoping to meet some people using myfitnesspal as well, because let's face it motivation is hard to have when you're up against losing weight. It is just so easy to stay in your normal rutt and comfort zone rather than get out and do something about it.

I wish you the best of luck and hope for lots of success!!!
  • almaangeles
    Options
    Hi Debbie. Congrats! Good reason to lose weight. I'm 35 and trying to lose weight and cut down on my salt because I have high blood pressure. I have a few weeks to get my blood pressure down or else I have to get on blood pressure medication. Yikes! I'm trying to do the DASH diet to lower my blood pressure. I actually just found this app. on my iPhone to keep track of my sodium intake/calories. I had some free time and wanted to check out the website and saw your post. I have been married 10 years and have three girls. I can say that I wouldn't fit into my wedding dress now. Maybe I can make that one of my goals, too - to be able to fit into my old wedding dress...LOL...maybe not!

Wishing you the best of luck! Alma