10 year Anniversary!

Options
Tomorrow 5/23 is my 10 year wedding anniversary :heart: . Seems hard to believe! But I am still very in love with my husband today as I was 10 years ago...probably more so! We met in highschool, I was a freshman and he was a senior. I had a major crush on him, but we never dated, only remained really good friends. Then, 3 years later, we re-met in College. Well, it didn't take long for the friendship to bounceback....we began dating shortly after and 6 months later he gave me a promise ring. 6 months after that we were engaged. So, I guess you could say I married my highschool crush and my best friend!

We are going to Uno's Chicago grill tomorrow for dinner (and maybe hitting a movie after that). My concern is that my calories will be out of control tomorrow, if I eat all of my favorites (including the raspberry lime rickey (which is over 1000 calories by itself) and eat movie popcorn. What do I do???? I am for sure hitting the YMCA tomorrow morning, as well as cleaning the house for a BBQ later in the weekend...so I will be burning about 700 calories with exercise. However, I will still most likely go over by 1500-2000 calories or so. Do I eat healthy and forego this special celebration, or do I not worry about it and eat my favorites? I have been losing 1 lb per week, and I really don't want to gain this weekend. So far this week I have been under my calorie intake each day by about 150-200 calories each day. Does that deficit count towards the amount that I may overeat tomorrow?

Any advice would be appreciated. I want to enjoy tomorrow, and not have to eat a salad, like I have been doing when we go out to eat:happy:

Replies

• luvmytwins02
    Options
    Tomorrow 5/23 is my 10 year wedding anniversary :heart: . Seems hard to believe! But I am still very in love with my husband today as I was 10 years ago...probably more so! We met in highschool, I was a freshman and he was a senior. I had a major crush on him, but we never dated, only remained really good friends. Then, 3 years later, we re-met in College. Well, it didn't take long for the friendship to bounceback....we began dating shortly after and 6 months later he gave me a promise ring. 6 months after that we were engaged. So, I guess you could say I married my highschool crush and my best friend!

We are going to Uno's Chicago grill tomorrow for dinner (and maybe hitting a movie after that). My concern is that my calories will be out of control tomorrow, if I eat all of my favorites (including the raspberry lime rickey (which is over 1000 calories by itself) and eat movie popcorn. What do I do???? I am for sure hitting the YMCA tomorrow morning, as well as cleaning the house for a BBQ later in the weekend...so I will be burning about 700 calories with exercise. However, I will still most likely go over by 1500-2000 calories or so. Do I eat healthy and forego this special celebration, or do I not worry about it and eat my favorites? I have been losing 1 lb per week, and I really don't want to gain this weekend. So far this week I have been under my calorie intake each day by about 150-200 calories each day. Does that deficit count towards the amount that I may overeat tomorrow?

Any advice would be appreciated. I want to enjoy tomorrow, and not have to eat a salad, like I have been doing when we go out to eat:happy:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Celebrate your anniversary and have some italian food...do eat a salad before your meal and then blot your slice with a paper towel first. If you are having something else avoid fryed cutlets or cream sauce.
    Have that Lime Rickey and celebrate like no tomorrow. Life is meant to be lived.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :happy: I don't have all your answers but wanted to say " Happy Aniversery". I think if it was me I would eat what I wanted but cut it in half. I know it's hard to do when it's sitting there in front of you. But I hope you enjoy yourself and maybe sneak some none butter popcorn into the movie in your purse:happy:
  • sharon3541
    sharon3541 Posts: 29
    Options
    Just enjoy the day it is yours. My anniversary is Sunday 12 years, I plan on having a great time. Spending a lot of time in the gym so I will not feel as guilty. Your anniversary comes once a year enjoy you deserve it. Also, I am still very much in love with my husband. So with that happy, happy aniversary and many more to come.:flowerforyou:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    What a lovely story! It's so refreshing to hear that you are still so much in love after 10 years of marriage!

I'd say definately gp for it! You will be doing well burning off as many calories as you can first!! This kind of celebration doesn't come round too often so enjoy yourself!!

Also you might find that you actually can't eat as much as you could before, just because your body isn't used to it, thats what i find!!

Have a great night!!

Amanda
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i think u should feel free to celebrate!!! a good work out and the 150-200 cal deficit/day u have had this week will give u some leeway for a cheat day. enjoy yourself!!!!!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:flowerforyou: I agree with most of the ladies here, just have a great time, enjoy the evening and go back to healthy eating the day after. If I could I would sent you over a couple hundred calories I couldn't eat yesterday as a present.....:bigsmile:
  • luvmytwins02
    Options
    Wouldn't that be nice if we could share the extra calories we have left with others! :wink:

I think I will order what I want, but I like the post that suggested I just eat half. I can bring the rest home and slowly enjoy it throughout the week, making the yummyness (is that even a word?) last even longer:smile:

Thanks so much!