Newbie to site - Disney Half Marathon

Options
I am new to this site and I am looking to lose as much weight as possible (150 lbs my goal) so that I can run in the Disney World Half Marathon in 369 days from today. anyone with advice as to training?

Replies

• ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the couch to 5k program if you haven't done any running yet at all. This is a great program. Also don't worry about speed / pace try and finish that's what's most important. Also, run a few 5k's there are always races throughout many cities. And also remember that there are good days and bad days don't let them get to you. Some days you can run a 5k and some days you can only do one mile just try again on your next run day.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend either joining a training team, or following the schedule of one if you are more of a lone runner. I ran my first 1/2 last year and followed the schedule only missing two days and feel it really helped me succeed.

Also, buy good shoes. I cannot stress enough the importance of having yourself fitted at a running store.

Best of luck to you.
  • Meg28
    Meg28 Posts: 59
    Options
    That's an awesome goal! I agree with bmac above to find a training group. The race probably even has some or has links to local running groups. There is no secret formula, race plan, diet, or even shoes...just get out there an run! You are so far out from the race, that I would really just put the shoes on and get out the door :)
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and I am looking to lose as much weight as possible (150 lbs my goal) so that I can run in the Disney World Half Marathon in 369 days from today. anyone with advice as to training?

Awesome! I'm currently training for the disney full marathon 369 days from today. Right now I'm at about 10K and have a 1/2 on March 20 and another 1/2 in November. Feel free to friend me then you'll HAVE to succeed because someone will be waiting in FL to see you do it! :)