Hello Y'All!

Hi everyone! I've just signed up for Myfitnesspal and have just gotten a Misfit. I've struggled with my weight all my life, and have lost 140 pounds from 2010 to 2012. I'm basically at my ideal weight, although I could probably loose another 10 pounds or so. My BMI is good. I'm basically doing this because I don't want to start eating badly again, and I want the motivation and accountability to continue to maintain and loose the weight.

I don't like exercise nor do I like feeling like I am forcing myself to get the physical activity that I need. I have loved Yoga in the past, and am looking at trying some martial arts soon.

I've also found that I have a few intolerances that have grown from my eating healthier now a days. It seems that my stomach does not handle the foods that I used to be able to eat, so I am looking for recipes to try that will give me the nutrients that I need but that still taste good.

I am really looking forward to what I can learn and what I can possibly bring to the table to help others!

Kim

Replies

• OMy gosh! congratulations on sticking through it!!! that's awesome :D can i ask how you exercised when you first started out? the last time i ran a mile was 10 years ago in elementary school. i think i might have run a 11 minute mile? teach meee!!

• I am amazed! I have never been able to run. I'm always winded and exhausted and hurting all over after just three minutes!

I ended up hiking a lot. I lived up in Massachusetts and loved the trails out there. I would always play my music loud, loose myself on the trails, and enjoy a meal and the beauty of nature at the half way point.

My biggest thing now is the fact that I am constantly worrying about keeping the weight off, worry about how much I weigh, worrying about what I am eating, what my portions are, and not being able to enjoy going out to eat occasionally with my husband or daughter.

That's the biggest thing I would like to change. I would also love to be able to expand what I like to eat!
  • That's such a great story. So chuffed for you

I only run on a treadmill

I love hiking and enjoy Dartmoor to roam as I please

Feel free to add me (that goes to anyone else who needs friends)

Lez
  • WOW - Congrats & Welcome!!

You may also want to check out the 'Maintaining' section of the message board where there's always new members going into maintencace mode who may benefit from your success.