Ever juice fasted?

Options
Just watch a film "Fat, sick, and nearly dead". Juicing seems to have great benefits for your health. Anyone ever tried a juice fast? What was your experience like? Any weight loss or other benefits, like more energy?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Just watch a film "Fat, sick, and nearly dead". Juicing seems to have great benefits for your health.

I just watched Spiderman. I let a spider bite me, now I'm going to go jump off of a building.

I will return shortly to post the results.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I juice fasted. It was after an oral surgery. How it made me feel? On that day I was In pain, miserable, and groggy from anesthesia. A couple of days later I was miserable because I could not have carrot sticks (love them). I lost a pound in 5 days and regained it on day 6 when I started eating soft food.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I did a juice fast after my doctor suggested I try it about 5 years ago. I was having digestive issues not related to a known medical condition. She suggested I try it to see if it relieved my symptoms. She told me not to expect to lose any weight, which was not my goal anyway, and that claims of cleaning the "sludge" out of your intestines were greatly exaggerated.

I drank only homemade juice with some psyllium husk mixed in and glasses of water for three days. I didn't lose or gain any weight. I felt great because my symptoms went away. I have never needed nor had a desire to do another juice fast.

There are nutritional benefits from drinking fresh juice but you do not need to do a juice fast to get them.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    No and why would I
  • dnscal123
    dnscal123 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did juice fast, many times and for long periods of time. I was inspired by Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I felt great, not hungry and lots of energy. It helped me loose 40 lbs.

The hardest parts were cleaning the juicer and the price of produce.

After I stopped, I started slipping into my old ways and I put the weight back on, all in all though I'll swear by juicing.
  • nykismile
    Options
    I love juicing. But not juice fasting. Incorporating fresh squeezed juice into your day is a great idea, but trying to sustain yourself on that alone isn't a good idea.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Just watch a film "Fat, sick, and nearly dead". Juicing seems to have great benefits for your health.

I just watched Spiderman. I let a spider bite me, now I'm going to go jump off of a building.

I just watched Underworld 3. I bought an all leather outfit and now I'm just waiting for a vampire to bite me. Or a werewolf to rip my throat out. There is a 50/50 chance of awesome. I like them odds!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

I just watched Underworld 3. I bought an all leather outfit and now I'm just waiting for a vampire to bite me. Or a werewolf to rip my throat out. There is a 50/50 chance of awesome. I like them odds!

I just watched the old Ninja Turtles movie and I'm thinking about ingesting some mutagen ooze, living in the sewer, and becoming a martials arts student of a large rat while fighting crime as an unknown reptilian vigilante. What could go wrong??
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I did juice fast, many times and for long periods of time. I was inspired by Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I felt great, not hungry and lots of energy. It helped me loose 40 lbs.

After I stopped, I started slipping into my old ways and I put the weight back on, all in all though I'll swear by juicing.

So you basically lost weight while failing to give yourself the nutrients needed then couldn't sustain it when eating real food?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

I just watched the old Ninja Turtles movie and I'm thinking about ingesting some mutagen ooze, living in the sewer, and becoming a martials arts student of a large rat while fighting crime as an unknown reptilian vigilante. What could go wrong??

You forgot the best part, a steady diet of pizza.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Options

Can I be a turtle, too?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Can I be a turtle, too?

First, you gotta do a 30 day mutagen ooze fast
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Options

Can I be a turtle, too?

First, you gotta do a 30 day mutagen ooze fast

Cuz that stuffs just lyin around free for the taking.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

OMG you have to see Stardust. It's such a great happily ever after movie for adults. See, a Star falls from the sky and a hero collects her (see, it's a girl) and tries to bring it to another girl to win her over. Then they go on adventures, like in Princess Bride but even better.

Oh and juice fasts are silly unless you have a medical reason for doing it.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

It didn't REALLY work though, you never learned how to moderate the food you like to normally eat.... It was a temporary fix that fooled you into thinking your problem was solved. It probably would have been healthier to just stay at your weight and not lose a shed load then put it all on again.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Just watch a film "Fat, sick, and nearly dead". Juicing seems to have great benefits for your health. Anyone ever tried a juice fast? What was your experience like? Any weight loss or other benefits, like more energy?
    It's better for your health to eat food instead of just drinking the juice.
    Gives fiber, slows absorption, and I've never read if they figured out why, but the body doesn't seem to register liquid calories like it does solid ones, so you won't feel satisfied drinking a cup of cider like you would eating an apple.
    You're more likely to eat more calories drinking juice than you would be if you ate the produce you'd make it from.
    And since eating more calories leads to weight gain, you don't want to do that.
    Besides, once you go back to eating real food (which you haven't learned to manage) you'll gain weight too.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just like the 5:2 diet guy, this man laughed all the way to the bank.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

The movie "Fat, sick and nearly dead" is inspiring. Can you really do something like that long term? It wouldn't hurt to incorporate some juicing into your diet. If juice fasting is what you are interested in then speak with your doctor first. You would want to address what ever medical issues or concerns you may have. I wouldn't look to juice fasting as a way to lose weight. Weight loss may be a side effect of the juicing but it won't be sustainable. Making some adjustments to your diet and moving your body will give you the results you want. Regardless of your decision-keep tracking your calories and moving your body.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I just watched Interview with a Vampire. I'm Creole so now I'm just waiting to get bitten & be healthy & live forever.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

The movie "Fat, sick and nearly dead" is inspiring. Can you really do something like that long term? It wouldn't hurt to incorporate some juicing into your diet. If juice fasting is what you are interested in then speak with your doctor first. You would want to address what ever medical issues or concerns you may have. I wouldn't look to juice fasting as a way to lose weight. Weight loss may be a side effect of the juicing but it won't be sustainable. Making some adjustments to your diet and moving your body will give you the results you want. Regardless of your decision-keep tracking your calories and moving your body.

It's inspiring me to discover the latest fad that I can package and sell to rubes by the thousands. I'll be rich! But here I am doing things the hard way, like a fool.