Question for the ladies

Options
I'm going to start taking a multivitamin, does anyone know if these have any affect on birthcontrol?? I am currently using allesse for birthcontrol.

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start taking a multivitamin, does anyone know if these have any affect on birthcontrol?? I am currently using allesse for birthcontrol.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that I can't say for sure, but wouldn't know how they would. Does it say anything on your pamphlet you get with your pills?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Not to my knowledge! But DEAR GOD you don't want to mess with that!! :wink:
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    I'm sorry that I can't say for sure, but wouldn't know how they would. Does it say anything on your pamphlet you get with your pills?

It should, i'll go take a look
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have only heard that antibiotics and some cold medicines mess with birth control.
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    Not to my knowledge! But DEAR GOD you don't want to mess with that!! :wink:

Yea, definatley not, don't wanna be having any babies right now :noway:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not taking any strange herbal supplement, you should be ok. No doctor has ever warned me about taking vitamins with my pill. When I asked my doctor if any over-the-counter meds make birth control pills less effective, she said that St. John's Wort was the only one she knew of.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Don't think so... but not sure.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not taking any strange herbal supplement, you should be ok. No doctor has ever warned me about taking vitamins with my pill. When I asked my doctor if any over-the-counter meds make birth control pills less effective, she said that St. John's Wort was the only one she knew of.

I've heard the same thing Pepper. :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    There have actually been more recent studies done on the affects of antibiotics on the birth control pill and there was no effect other than sometimes, while taking both, it can cause nausea... but no less effective. I'm gonna go with a NO it won't affect it, but if you want to be 100% sure just ask the pharmacist when you pick out your vitamins, they pretty much know everything when it comes to medications, I've foudn they actually know more than doctors about that stuff!