Mr. Mom here :p

Options
Hello there, I am a stay at home, homeschooling dad to three beautiful kids.

While I've been quite aware that I've let my health slide these past few years, I've really noticed it lately trying to do things with the kids. That and I've honestly been shocked recently by not recognizing myself in a couple of recent photos! Last but not least..... we went to a park recently that had rides........ and to my great embarrassment I couldn't fit into the seat of the first one I tried (I didn't try any other rides) :(
The time for change is now.

My dream in life from the time I was a child was to be a daddy someday (I never had a dad) and now I am. I know that one of my biggest responsibilities is to be a great role model for my kids and that includes health too. Monkeys see, monkeys do.
I also have some personal fitness goals I'll be adding to my page soon.

Anyhow, here's to a new year, a healthier lifestyle, and fun changes! :)

Replies

• ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Mr Mom. My name is Lisa. Good luck on your journey!! friend me if you would like.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Not a mr. mom, but I am a stay at home mom of 3, 2 boys who are in school and a 2 1/2 yr old girl. I'm making a valiant effort (albeit far from perfect!) at living a primal lifestyle and have lost over 50 lbs since August 1, 2010. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, which is one of the best decisions you have made. The website is very user friendly. While some of us lose faster than others, there are those of us who are slow and steady (that's me). I think it is great that you're Mr. Mom. Please feel free to friend me by clicking on my user name. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey.

Lynn
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    hi and welcome, best of luck on your new journey. I'm also a stay at home person with my daughter and it's the best things that's ever happened to me, that and finding MFP and my wonderful husband of course!! :-) if you need friends or encouragement please add me too. Maria