Saint John's Wort

Options
Hello! I was wondering if anyone on her has experience taking the supplement Saint John's Wort for mild to moderate depression. I just started using it yesterday. I'm curious if anyone else has found it to work or not-
Any feedback appreciated! :)

Replies

• melissarforlife
    melissarforlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is a must for me, especially when my pms is coming! Seriously! Its a very good way to help with your attitude. Thought you should know!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My husband and I took it for a while years ago and it worked great, for a few weeks, then it made us really really moody and it makes your skin super sensitive to sunlight. I would recommend 5HTP instead ~ best of luck!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    i dont use it for depression since i'm not depressed but i DO use it for PMS (and other such random b*tchyness) and it works like a charm. its a great mood balancer.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I use it and LOVE it. It took about 2 weeks to feel the full effects but once they hit I was super surprised. Pleasantly surprised. Good luck!
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Just be careful if you are on birth control. Was told has some ill effects and makes your BC not as effective... So research it first!
  • blazin_j
    Options
    I've taken it before, but it did nothing for me. Try exercise. It helps in so many ways, including releasing endorphins (think Runner's High or being "in the zone"). Combat lethargy with activity. Start small, even if it's a walk, then work your way up to more aerobically demanding activities. Good luck!